Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need stamping in Canada

Hi,
    I've to visit my friend by 2nd week of august in Canada.
    I would like to know if I've to get restamping in 1 of the US consulate if I visit.
    Basically I came to US in H1 by employer A.
    My passport stamping is with emp-A and it is valid until Sept-30-2007.And I've approved I-797 with emp-A which is valid untill 09-30-2007.
    But few months later I've changed my employment to emp-B.And I've valid approved I-797 with this emp-B untill 02-03-2008.
    I've never gone back to India after my first visit to US. And my I-94 is valid until Sep-30-2007.

Now since I'm visiting to Canada for 2 days do I've to get the staming in one of the US consultate in Canada when I come back.Some1 pls help me.I really need to make this trip.
    I've heard that as long as I've H1 visa long enough I dont have to get the stamping even though I've changed my employer. Pls advise.
    Also gona go to Toronto by flight. In this case where do I get the Canadian visa?

Thanks & appriciate ur response
    Anand
    Thanks
    Anand

If you have a valid H1B visa on your passport, then you don't need another visa stamping. You can re-enter on the old company's visa and show the new approval at the port of entry. Take also an updated letter from the present employer confirming your employment.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thanks Veena.It helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X