Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect Spouse Name in H4 Stamped Visa

Hi,

My wife attended for H4 few days back, today we received the stamped passport valid till 2009.

While checking for the correctness of name we found that my name (spouse Name it was mentioned as annotation) was mispelled.

Did any one come across this situation , if yes then what should we be doing to get it corrected?

We have booked ticket for this month end, will it be a problem if she travels with out any correction on to VISA...

Please your help in this regards greatly appreciated..

Regards
    ven

Originally posted by vendal
    Hi,

My wife attended for H4 few days back, today we received the stamped passport valid till 2009.

While checking for the correctness of name we found that my name (spouse Name it was mentioned as annotation) was mispelled.

Did any one come across this situation , if yes then what should we be doing to get it corrected?

We have booked ticket for this month end, will it be a problem if she travels with out any correction on to VISA...

Please your help in this regards greatly appreciated..

Regards
    ven
    Check with VFS/Consulate, they shld be able to help you
    HTH
    RK

Comment

Follow the list of questions in this link, and there is a solution........but, there is no procedure mentioned as such.

VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thanks Veena

Thanks Veena..

It is just spell mistake in Spouse name.. actual visa holder name is correct
        i mailed consulate nobody replied for last two days.. and VFS replied saying
        drop ur original passport and 281/- Rs to get it corrected they did not give any estimated time ...

I have confirmed and paid money for US Air ticket on 27th July...

Regards
        Ven

Comment

Got Confirmation from Chennai Consulate for Misspelled Spouse name

Here is the mail reply i got from Chennai consulate for misspelled Spouse Name under annotation.

Spelling mistakes in annotation donot need to be corrected unless the entire name is totally different.

Visa Information Unit
          American Consulate General
          220, Anna Salai
          Chennai 600 006
          India
          Phone - 91-44-28574000/28574242
          Fax - 91-44- 28112020
          Website - http://chennai.usconsulate.gov

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}