X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got My H-4 Visa Without The Primary Applicant

Hi all,
    I got my H-4 visa in Delhi yesterday.Here is my case

My husband's visa is not stamped in the passport yet(tho it is renewed till feb 2007)

I took his original 797 for the interview..They didn't ask anything except"does your husband work for ***?"they kept his 797 and said they would mail it along with the passport.They didn't even ask for mine (797)(I hope they return the 797 with the passport)

This forum was quite helpful .I hope that this helps for people who r going for the stamping without the primary appplicant.

ALL THE BEST FOR EVERYONE.

Thanks,
    Indira76

H4

Hi Indira,

Congradulations!!! I have couple of question for you.

1. Does your husband had any H1b Expired stamping? or he has changed his status in USA?

2. You have mentioned that they didn't ask your approval. it explains me that you have come to US with H4 before. Because i dont have anystamp in my passport so far and i am carrying the primary applicant approval. Also he has changed his status from B1 to H1. I dont know whether this will be a problem.

If you through some light on this will be more helpful for me.

regards
    pushpa
    Last edited by pushpausa; 07-14-2006, 04:35 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=pushpausa]Hi Indira,

Congradulations!!! I have couple of question for you.

1. Does your husband had any H1b Expired stamping? or he has changed his status in USA?
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      yes we did have expired H-1 B (2002- 2005 got expired)after that we had 2 renewals..since we never went to India after 2005, I had top stamp it now.He has been there on H-1 before.Hope this answers your q.[/COLOR]---------------------------------------------
      2. You have mentioned that they didn't ask your approval. it explains me that you have come to US with H4 before. Because i dont have anystamp in my passport so far and i am carrying the primary applicant approval. Also he has changed his status from B1 to H1. I dont know whether this will be a problem.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      they won't bother u much..but if it is a start up they might dig u more ..make sure u carry all his tax returns,passport's copy(all pages),payslips,employment verif. letter,original 797 ,marriage certificate,album and everything else which is essential like DDs etc.,
      I don't think if your case is genuine they should bother U..
      All the best[/COLOR] .
      Indira76
      -------------------------

Comment

Thanks Indhira.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X