Consular districts - spouse's H4 with my H1B renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consular districts - spouse's H4 with my H1B renewal

I need to renew my H1B after dec 2006. I am also planning to get married this december in india. VFS FAQ states that I can go to any consulate in india to get my H1B stamping. But, it states that my spouse can get her H4 stamping only in chennai. I prefer to go to Delhi since the earliest appointment in chennai is in january.

My question is - When I get my appointment for H1B stamping in Delhi, Can I add my spouse's application for H4 with mine even if her consular district is chennai?

THANKS!

Originally posted by ganesh_eastside
    I need to renew my H1B after dec 2006. I am also planning to get married this december in india. VFS FAQ states that I can go to any consulate in india to get my H1B stamping. But, it states that my spouse can get her H4 stamping only in chennai. I prefer to go to Delhi since the earliest appointment in chennai is in january.

My question is - When I get my appointment for H1B stamping in Delhi, Can I add my spouse's application for H4 with mine even if her consular district is chennai?

THANKS!

hi ganesh,

You can go to any district as you fall under 'a citizen of India and residing in US', but ur wife is not, so she has to go to chennai consulate only.

Hope it helped you.

Comment

Thanks Aam,

I specifically had the question since VFS FAQ states the following:
      "It is recommended that the spouse and dependent children go for their visa interview at the same time as the principal applicant"

I will try to call VFS customer service, double check and update this thread with that info.

Comment

I called up VFS and they mentioned that I can add my fiance's H4 application when I schedule my appointment at New Delhi (even if her consular district is chennai). of course, If I try to take a separate appointment for her, then I have to schedule it in Chennai.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X