Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Very Urgent Pls Help Hubbers

Hi all,

I got H4 to H1 approval in 2005 jan, since feb 2005 I am working till today for about 1 and half years and have all the pay stubs with me.
    But my passport still has H4 stamping and that date has expired already and also I did not visit india anytime after my h1 got approved. Now I need to visit my parents in December first week. As the regular appointment dates for visa stamping are available only for next year februrary.

I have heard of EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT THRU VFS WEBSITE.
    How and what is the process that I need to follow to obtain visa stamping for my existing H1 for December this year.

PLEASE HUBBERS AND FRIENDS YOUR IDEAS WILL BE HIGHLY HELPFUL AT THIS TIME
    Last edited by Apeksha; 08-15-2006, 02:01 PM.

Hi

One of my friend has the same case. He has enquired with the legel authorities in the US (USCIS) and they told him that existing H1 visa holder are eligible for emergency appointment. What u need to do is to get a letter from your current employee stating that they need u in the US ASAP and attend the int. at the time of interview show this letter to the consulate and your original H1 visa.

HTH
    Neeraj

Comment

but how will i get an appointment for the interview

but how will i get an appointment for the interview , when the dates are not available until february 2007 next year with almost all the consulates?

I am looking for an appointment in the first week of november.

I can get the letter , but how will i get the appointment .
      Kindly let me know.

thank you again

Comment

Hi

U will need to pay the visa charges in any of the HDFC branches in india and get the "bar code" no. with that bar code no. go and book the int date.

yes....right now feb date is running in consulate. But i think they have seperate dates for emmergency visa. (if u go through normal process then u will get feb date but for emergency visa they will issue some date in sept as well)

One more thing you can do is....just pay the HDFC fee and fill the DS-156,157, petition details on the VFS site. but dont take any date. Just save those forms and exit then wait till some date in nov opens up. for that u will need to keep a watch on VFS site. any time nov date opens up....take it. (This nov date will open only when somebody cancel their appointment...so it is not guaranted that u will surely get that date in nov.)
        This saved form will be there for 7 days. if u r not able to get the date....in those 7 days...then dont worry go ahead and again fill the same and wait for more 7 days. so this way u will be able to get a suitable date for u.

HTH
        Neeraj

Comment

one more query

thank you very much neeraj.
          i have one more question, any idea , during what time usually the appointment becomes available so that i can monitor the same.
          and hopefully get an appointment in novemberend or december first week.

thank you again

Comment

Hi

There no fix time for any date in NOV to open...

I am keeping watch on this site for last 2 months and i have observed that dates get open after every 3 hrs. So usually 11AM and 3 PM NOV dates are opened. I dont know how but everyday u can see some date in NOV opens at the time mentioned above.

HTH
            Neeraj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X