Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need to get H4 visa stamped again if my spouse's employer changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to get H4 visa stamped again if my spouse's employer changes?

Hi everyone,

I am currently on H4 and have my passport stamped with employer 1's name. Recently my husband changed employers and we have new H1 as well as H4 approvels. We are planning to go to India later this year and I want to know if i need to get my passport stamped again i.e. go through the whole visa process again or can i re-enter US with the old stamped visa.
    Also, my husband hasn't got his H1B stamped as yet since he didn't leave country after transfering from F1 to H1b, so his passport still has F1. So he definitely will get his passport stamped, we are confused about H4 procedure?????

Thanks,
    Rajneet

how did u get an H4 visa in ur passport when your husband still has an F1 stamp on his passport?

In any case, yes, you need to get your passport stamped as well so it matches the employer name on your husbands H1 visa stamp. Fill the fees at HDFC, take an appointment on the vfs site, answer the gruelling questions, keep fingers crossed and get your visa stamped.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I got my H4 stamped since i had the H1b approval.

Rajneet

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X