Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got H1B Visa after 221g-AAP ( Chennai consulate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got H1B Visa after 221g-AAP ( Chennai consulate)

Finally I got my h1b visa after waiting for 8 months. I attended the first interview in chennai consulate on 8th November 2005 and after 221g I attended the second interview on December 7th 2005. I was given 221g with AAP

My client got the verification call from consulate in March. But I did not get any response from the consulate even after that. I sent an email to consulate in June asking for the status. Answer was just a one line "Please wait ..your case is still under process".

After a month I sent another email to the consulate asking them the status and how much time the process is going to take more.In the email I stated about my experience, qualification and the present company...I was trying to explain them how genuine my case is and asking them why it is taking such a long time. I guess it clicked. The next day I got a call from consulate asking me to send the client letter again stating that the job is still available in Us for me. I sent the letter next week and sent an email saying that I already sent the client letter to them. They asked me to wait for 2 weeks.

I again sent an email after 2 weeks asking the status.
    Within 3 days I got the email asking me to send the passport, DS156,157,DD and stamped envelope to consulate. I sent all these by speed post and informed them about this by email. Reply was to wait as my case is being processed. I got my visa within one week time.

My suggestion to candidates with AAP is to keep sending emails showing how genuine your case is..explain your experience,technical skills,company you work for...your qualification...about your employer...how long you have been waiting..etc. And follow up the emails...Please be polite while explaining them and asking the status. If your case is genuine they cannot deny visa to you...thanks for your support and all the best to all of you waiting for visas.

Congratulations on getting the Visa. Your perseverance got the results.

Regards,
    Ravi

Comment

San,

thank you for the updates & congradulations !

Comment

Well done!!

Awesome dude...
        Thanks for posting your experince

Comment

whats the email address

Whats the email address to which we have to send the email. My wife's H-4 is under AAP.

Comment

Congratulations & I've got a query

What is the mail id u used to talk to the US consulate in chennai ?

Regards,
            Sanjeev.

Comment

To Sai123

Hi Sai123,

Just read your post that your wife is also on AAP for a H4 visa.

1) Since how long has your wife been on AAP?
              2) At the interview was she issued a blue or pink handout?
              3) Did they mention any specific reason for the AAP?
              4) Did they mention any timeframe for this procedure at the time of interview?

Comment

Sorry guys, I did not check the forum last one week. Here is the email address you can use to communicate with chennai consulate.

[email protected]

Comment

Sorry for the delayed reply

Answers:

1) Since how long has your wife been on AAP?
                  She went to 1st interview on 31st May and was asked for all the pay stubs.
                  2nd Interview on 10th Aug (she took all the pay stubs and Bank Statements,client letter etc) and she again got 221(g) AAP.

2) At the interview was she issued a blue or pink handout?
                  Blue Handout.(There will be No Status in the tracker..)

3) Did they mention any specific reason for the AAP?
                  They need to enquire whether i am working at client's place.

4) Did they mention any timeframe for this procedure at the time of interview?
                  None.

Any suggestions???

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X