X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Process Clarification

Hi All,

Please help me out in understanding the process. The situation is:

My H1 petition is approved and I have fixed an appointment in Nov. I want to change it to Oct however my consultant is saying that since they have not yet received papers from the consulate (my petition got approved on 7th Aug) I should hold and wait.

What all do you guys suggest should I wait for him? Also I want to know if he will be sending any papers to consulate now (before I take an interview) or I need to carry the documents with me.

Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    amit

hi

I will suggest wait till u get the papers in hand. some times it takes 1-1.5 months to get the papers from USCIS -> your employer -> you

HTH
    Neeraj

Comment

Neeraj many thanks for your advice.

Another thing i wanted to know was, will my consultant be sending any documents to the consulate at this stage (before interview or after petition approval) or i have to carry everthing with me.

cheers
      amit

Comment

no....the employer wont send anything to the consulate. regarding your Visa approval USCIS must have communicated to the concern consulate about it.

you will need to carry all the docs with you. If u r appering in b'bay consulate then u need to send all the docs to b'bay consulate 5 days before the interview. (read the instruction on VFS site for that)

HTH
        Neeraj

Comment

HI,
          I have got my H1 approved but My i-797 doesnt hold a new I-94 and it says I shud get stamped in Chennai consulate before starting to work!...I got appointment in March but I am afraiad if it gets rejected.Does any one has the same problem?

Originally posted by citilight
          Hi All,

Please help me out in understanding the process. The situation is:

My H1 petition is approved and I have fixed an appointment in Nov. I want to change it to Oct however my consultant is saying that since they have not yet received papers from the consulate (my petition got approved on 7th Aug) I should hold and wait.

What all do you guys suggest should I wait for him? Also I want to know if he will be sending any papers to consulate now (before I take an interview) or I need to carry the documents with me.

Thanks in advance
          Cheers
          amit

Comment

Hi Laxmi
            can u pls explain your prob in detail....

what i can make out from your Q is....u r in India and u have approved H1 paper. U have a appointment scheduled in March...but why do u afraid of getting your visa rejected? give some details so that we can get proper info on that

Neeraj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X