Should i go for stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i go for stamping

I have processed my h1 in last year's quota. It has got approved and i have booked my appointment in the consulate already.

However, i am not williing to join the company.

i have two questions.

1. Is an unused H1B stamp of any use in the future ?

I think we need to work for a while in US for getting the h1 transfered to some other company.
    So, without going to US, an h1b is of no use ?
    i've read some Advertisements in India that only people having a valid h1b can apply.. do they mean the person should have been to US ?

2. If the visa is rejected, willl that affect my chances of getting some other visa in future ?
    For example if my existing company is sending me on L1 or B1, will that be affected by the H1B rejection ?

based on the answers I can decide whether i should go for the stamping or not.
    Any suggestion will be highly thankful.

thanks,
    Amit

Friends,

please reply with your views.
    would be highly thankful.

Amit

Comment

H1 Visa

I have processed my h1 in last year's quota. It has got approved and i have booked my appointment in the consulate already.

However, i am not williing to join the company.

i have two questions.

1. Is an unused H1B stamp of any use in the future ?

I think we need to work for a while in US for getting the h1 transfered to some other company.
      So, without going to US, an h1b is of no use ?
      i've read some Advertisements in India that only people having a valid h1b can apply.. do they mean the person should have been to US ?

---- If you decide not to got to US with your Visa stamp and just keep it in your Passport and stay at home in India, nobody is going to ask you about it. Its your decision.

2. If the visa is rejected, willl that affect my chances of getting some other visa in future ?
      For example if my existing company is sending me on L1 or B1, will that be affected by the H1B rejection ?

---- If H1 visa is rejected or for that matter any Visa, that rejection does not have a bearing on any of the future visas that you intend applying. The only thing that you do with it is when filling a form for a Visa, in the column where they ask you "Was your visa rejected anytime, please provide details" then you need to say YES (the question may be in these words or something different). If you say NO, that is the time you will be questioned

Subramanya

Comment

thanks Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X