221g... Yellow Slip .. New Delhi..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g... Yellow Slip .. New Delhi..

Took my interview at the New Delhi.. The VO did not have many queries apart from client project details. Asked me the Project Details. I mentioned Its a In-house project for one of the clients.

Asked for client letter, gave the same to him, he gave me the 221g with the below action to be taken: also mentioed need to check with client if a job is waiting for you.

"Your application requires addtional administrative processing before a final decision can be made. This office will contact you once this administrative processing has been completed. "

Please let me know how much time such cases generally take. The office told me anywhere between 1 week to 4 weeks time. Any way of tracking this in the new delhi consulate.

Do i have to take another appointment. the VO took the DS forms and the IBM letter from me.

Please reply back to this with your exp if any.. ASAP need your help

Thanks

Deepak

Visa Queries

Took my interview at the New Delhi.. The VO did not have many queries apart from client project details. Asked me the Project Details. I mentioned Its a In-house project for one of the clients.

Asked for client letter, gave the same to him, he gave me the 221g with the below action to be taken: also mentioed need to check with client if a job is waiting for you.

"Your application requires addtional administrative processing before a final decision can be made. This office will contact you once this administrative processing has been completed. "

Please let me know how much time such cases generally take. The office told me anywhere between 1 week to 4 weeks time. Any way of tracking this in the new delhi consulate.

Do i have to take another appointment. the VO took the DS forms and the IBM letter from me.

Please reply back to this with your exp if any.. ASAP need your help

---- It is a simple process. They will take 6-8 weeks for processing your application and you will receieve a communication from them either via fax/email/letter/telephone/cell phone, depending on the mode of contact address that you have provided them in your DS 156 forms.

If they take less than this time, you are one of those lucky ones. However, if they take more it is just that they did not get the response requested from whatever source.

At best you can contact them by email and request for status update every week. No need for another appointment or visa interview

Subramanya

Comment

Hi...did you got your visa?

Hi Deepak,

I too got stuck with the same situation in ND consulate. Did they contacted you? Did you got your VISA?

Keep posted.

Regards,
      Nazar.

Comment

221(g) ...... Yellow Slip in Delhi

Hi all,
        I am also sitting in the same boat. Please help me guys.
        I went for the interview on 6th Oct. VO didn't ask many questions he asked about the project details and I gave him IBM letter. IBM is client of our company. I told him that I don't know about the technical details of the project as I reach there they will give me the details.
        After that he took my DS forms and IBM letter and gave me 221g saying that

Your application requires addtional administrative processing, before a final decision can be made. This office will contact you in weeks time.

Please let me know what they are verifying and what are the chances that I will get Visa........
        Thanks

Comment

Hi,
          My parents case is similar. They had their interview on 19th Oct at Delhi consulate. They were handed a yellow form to fill in and the VO kept their passport. They were told that they will get a call in 2 weeks but so far nothing.
          Is there anyway we can contact them to find the status of the case?
          Thanks.

Comment

My parents case is similar. They had their interview on 19th Oct at Delhi consulate. They were handed a yellow form to fill in and the VO kept their passport. They were told that they will get a call in 2 weeks but so far nothing.
            Is there anyway we can contact them to find the status of the case?

---- You can email them and request for status update. Normally they respond as it depends what they have asked on the yellow form and your parents reply to that.

Subramanya

Comment

I too in the same boat

Hi,

I attended interview in Nov,2007. They issued me a yellow form.they told that "No new appointment needed. Please returnwith the required documentation on any business day between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m."

But they didn't mention single document. They took I797,Ds156,DS157,tax docs, proj docs & returned passport
              still i didn;t get any reply,..Is anybody got reply after issuing yellow form
              can u mail ur mail id or contact number

Thaks
              [email protected]

Comment

i also got yellow slip

Hi,M Dr.Amit, I had visa interview on 18th may09.....on that day i was assured of a 10yr multiple entry B1 Visa for an exam,which i had in US. but later wen i did not get the visa i called up the embassy and they told me that my case needs more processing under sec 221(G), they did not even inform me so i booked my air tickets and all thinking that my visa shall come in 2days as the VO kept my passport too......
                but now i m gettin late for my exam as my passport is still wid the embassy as on 8th june09......
                plss help me so as to wat shud i do and how long can they take?
                shunt the embassy inform me about this ,atleast i wont ve booked tickets....???
                plsss help me ,n write to me at [email protected] directly regardingg this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X