X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I go for stamping with old H1 petition

Friends,

Here is little background before I ask my question:

I came to US thru a L1 visa and converted it to H1 thru another company(Say C1). I have not been to India since, so don't have a Visa stamping on H1. Also my L1 Visa in my passport is already expired.

Recently I left C1 and joined another company (Say C2). C2 has filed for my H1 transfer and it is inprogress right now.

Question:

If I go to India now, can I go for stamping using C1's H1 petition. If yes what would happen if C2 H1 transfer is approved while I am in India, would that create a problem.

Your quick response will be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by maverick7777; 09-20-2006, 10:59 PM.

Visa Stamping

Here is little background before I ask my question:

I came to US thru a L1 visa and converted it to H1 thru another company(Say C1). I have not been to India since, so don't have a Visa stamping on H1. Also my L1 Visa in my passport is already expired.

Recently I left C1 and joined another company (Say C2). C2 has filed for my H1 transfer and it is inprogress right now.

Question:

If I go to India now, can I go for stamping using C1's H1 petition. If yes what would happen if C2 H1 transfer is approved while I am in India, would that create a problem.

---- You will have to present the latest I-797 from your C2. You cannot hide it. If discovered you will have to face all the consequences. You are curretnly not working with C1, and you have to wait till you get the I-797 approved from C2 and it is advisable not to travel while your transfer is pending unless you are compelled to travel due to personal reasons

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X