Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Name on I-797

Friends,

I have my H1 renewed and received my approved I-797. I have noticed that my middle name and last name are swapped. Now, I asked my employer to file an amendment for this and they already did. But, the INS didn't respond to this yet.

I wanted to get my visa stamped in November in Canada. Is it safe to go with the approved I-797 and the request filed with INS for this amendment?

Any insight on this is much apprecciated. Thanks!!

Any thoughts about the question? Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

can u let me know did u correct the name

hi itoo am in the same situation can u let me know wht happened with ur case.It will be of grateful from u if u can do that.

Comment

I am sailing in the same boat ( wrong name on my H-1B)

My last name is mispelled, I am struck, donno whether I go for Canada stamping.

I have called uscis couple of times and they have provided an emergency fax no. My company did sent many requests to them, no response so far.

Unfortunately, I payed premium for my H-1 and now its been more than 2 months.

Comment

it might be a little too late for me to reply to this...but I still do it anyway as it might help others...

I contacted my employer and asked them to chase this issue down...they called USCIS several times and send out a fax describing the problem to USCIS..

i got a corrected 797 with in next couple of weeks

(the flip side of the story, since I booked the H1 appt long before I decided to go with the wrong name itself and my H1 stamping was successful. By the way, my h1 is a renewal not a first time h1 stamping)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X