Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 to H1 transfer advice please

Hi guys,
    My situation is explained here and I need your valuable advice....
    I came to US on a B1 visa, my intention was to have some training here in US and go back to my home country ... the INS stamped my passport and gave me a permission to stay 3 months in US ... I have been there for about 2 months now. While here, I received an offer to work for some company and want to transfer my B1 visa to H1, I know that the filing work should be done by my potential employer but my concerns are listed below:
    1. What are my chances of getting the H1 visa specially the I read that the cap for the year 2007 has been reached? (does my case categorize under the cap limit or I am a different case?)
    2. Which is better for me; to leave US when my B1 visa expires and come back when H1 is officially issued or to stay here in US and wait for the result? Will this make a difference in the result?
    3. Should I attend an interview in INS or some other government place while in US and applying for the H1 visa?
    Any help would be really appreciated.

H1B Approval Notice

My situation is explained here and I need your valuable advice....
    I came to US on a B1 visa, my intention was to have some training here in US and go back to my home country ... the INS stamped my passport and gave me a permission to stay 3 months in US ... I have been there for about 2 months now. While here, I received an offer to work for some company and want to transfer my B1 visa to H1, I know that the filing work should be done by my potential employer but my concerns are listed below:
    1. What are my chances of getting the H1 visa specially the I read that the cap for the year 2007 has been reached? (does my case categorize under the cap limit or I am a different case?)

---- You have (your employer has to) to apply for H1 starting April 2007. For this all options are closed

2. Which is better for me; to leave US when my B1 visa expires and come back when H1 is officially issued or to stay here in US and wait for the result? Will this make a difference in the result?

---- It depends. If the I-797 (H1 approval notice) comes with a I-94 attached to the bottom portion, then you can continue staying in US till the validity period. If not, you may have to go to a third country get your visa stamped and then enter US on a valid visa stamp in your passport

3. Should I attend an interview in INS or some other government place while in US and applying for the H1 visa?

---- The only place that you will attend for a visa interview is at a US Consulate outside US in a third country, or the country of origin. Read all other posts for more details

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X