H1B stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping

I am a returning worker and have appointment for H1B stamping on 11th Oct at Chennai. If approved, is it possible to get passport on the same day or same evening? I have to leave Chennai the next morning for an emergency work in Delhi.
    Dear freinds, please share your opinion?

Passport

I am a returning worker and have appointment for H1B stamping on 11th Oct at Chennai. If approved, is it possible to get passport on the same day or same evening? I have to leave Chennai the next morning for an emergency work in Delhi.
    Dear freinds, please share your opinion?

---- If the rush service is still in practice then may be it is possible. Speak to th vfs people regarding this matter

---- If you go by rules, NO, you cannot get the Passport on the same day. They will send it by courier and that is what they will do and you will receive within 3-5 business days (standard reply)

---- Where you want to go on the same day is your look out. You cannot tie some personal and your official matters with issues concerning US Consulate and their way of operations for your Passport and Visa

Subramanya

Comment

From VFS website

You can also see this information at https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/CourierSystem.aspx

Q. How will I get my passport back after the interview?

Once your visa is approved; Blue Dart courier will return your passport to you at the address in India specified by you. Allow up to seven business days for delivery after your interview. The cost of the courier is included in the service charge. To track status of your passport:
      1. Go to home page click on link ‘Track Passport Delivery’ and follow the instructions.
      2. Send a mobile phone SMS message to 7333 and type “VISA US [place your passport number]”.

Optionally, you can collect your passport across the counter via the ‘Rush Service’

Q. What is ‘Rush Service’?

You have the option to collect your passport across the counter at the VFS Application Centre located in the city you were interviewed.
      • Applicants who have appeared for an interview at the New Delhi Embassy or at the Consulate in Kolkata may avail of the service between 1400-1600 hours.
      • Applicants who have appeared for an interview at the Consulate in Mumbai may avail of the service between 1700-1800 hours.
      • Applicants who have appeared for an interview at the Consulate in Chennai may avail of the service between 1600-1700 hours.

Important to Note:
      • Passports will NOT be delivered across the counter at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
      • The time taken for a visa section to hand over the passport depends on the circumstances such as work load, intervening holidays etc. Hence, a definite turnaround time cannot be assured.
      • To confirm whether your passport has been handed over by the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to VFS, please track your passport by clicking on the link “Track Passport Delivery” or by phoning the Call Centre. Status can also be obtained by using SMS service.
      • Passports not collected across the counter will be immediately couriered to the delivery address intimated by you at the time of scheduling the interview appointment. The passport will be delivered within 3-4 working days after handing over to the courier.

Q. How can I receive my passport earlier?

To get your passport earlier, you can use the ‘Rush Service’. This allows you to collect your passport in person from the VFS Application Centre located in the city you were interviewed. You will need to show the original fee receipt (applicant copy) issued by HDFC bank and the interview appointment letter.

New Delhi U.S. Visa Application centre International Trade Tower, S-2 Level, Nehru Place, New Delhi - 110019 1400hrs-1600hrs
      Chennai U.S. Visa Application centre Gowthami Towers, 2 A, First Street, Cenatoph Road, Teynampet, Chennai - 600 018. 1600hrs-1700hrs
      Mumbai US Visa Application centre Tirupati Apartments, Bhulabhai Desai Road, Opp. Mahalakshmi Temple, Mumbai - 400026. 1700hrs-1800hrs
      Kolkata U.S. Visa Application centre Om Towers, 4th floor, 32 Chowringhee Road, Next to Park Street Metro, Kolkatta - 700 071. 1400hrs-1600hrs

Q. What if my passport does not arrive?

If you have not received your passport after seven business days, please contact at the U.S. Visa application Centre located in your city or call our help line numbers:
      • Northern India excluding Punjab – 011 42220000
      • Punjab – 0181 5041444
      • Southern India – 044 42316767
      • Western India - 022 66547600
      • Eastern India – 033 22882480

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X