X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 Conversion

Hi all,

A few queries.......

1. I have recently got my H1 but i may be travelling next year only mean while can i file H4 for my wife.
    2. What is the procedure of converting H4 to H1. For this conversion is it necessary for the H4 to be in US?

Many thanks in advance.

cheers
    amit

H4 and H1 Visas

A few queries.......

1. I have recently got my H1 but i may be travelling next year only mean while can i file H4 for my wife.

---- Yes, you can file for your wife's H4. However the post is not clear as to what you want in the process (Does she have a H1 right now, or is it an extension of H4)

2. What is the procedure of converting H4 to H1. For this conversion is it necessary for the H4 to be in US?

---- You are on H1 and whose H4 you want to convert to H1 (as you are applying for an H4 as stated in Q1). The person needs to be in US for conversion based on the individual circumstances and once reading the post does not give an indication of what you want done

If you post your query more clearly the responses can be right

Subramanya

Comment

Many thanks for the reply and sorry for not putting it very clearly in the first time. I hope my queries will be clear now....

------No she does not have any US visa as of now. In process i want know:
      1. Can i now directly take an appointment for her or anything else is required.
      2. Do I dont need to be in US for her to apply for H4.

----- Suppose i (on H1) go to US with my wife (on H4) is it necessary for her to stay till her H4 get converted to H1. Is there any amount of minimum time she has to spend in US for conversion?

Comment

Queries

Many thanks for the reply and sorry for not putting it very clearly in the first time. I hope my queries will be clear now....

------No she does not have any US visa as of now. In process i want know:
        1. Can i now directly take an appointment for her or anything else is required.

---- Yes, you can take an appointment directly if your wife is outside the US, let her attend the interview and get the H4 Visa issued

2. Do I dont need to be in US for her to apply for H4.

---- You can be in the US or outside of US and that remains your decision, but you should have your H1 approval notice with you and provide it to your wife to be taken while attending the interview (a photocopy will also do, however different people have different opinion on this matter, choose the best that suits you).

----- Suppose i (on H1) go to US with my wife (on H4) is it necessary for her to stay till her H4 get converted to H1. Is there any amount of minimum time she has to spend in US for conversion?[/QUOTE]

---- Of course she will stay on H4 till the H4 is converted to H1. There is no time limit but she to apply at the time the quota is available and for that you will have to wait

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X