Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Immediate Help ***H1B Transfer***

**** H1 transfer **** **** ***
    I was wondering if someone can answer or there is a good source from where I can get the information quickly .

I was with Company A on H1B and Joined the company B after they filed the H1B transfer. I have transfer receipt number of company B. So far in the pending status. I want to change the company B because what ever they committed during interview it is not the case so I want join company C. Company C told me they will file the transfer based on the receipt number what I have received from the company B.

Q1. Do I still need a I-797 from company B for my future use?
    Q2. Do the immigration transfer the case to company C and the new I - 797 will only be issued to company C not to Company B since company C filed the transfer based on the receipt number of company B?
    Q3. Incase there will 2, I-797 for company B and company C then what is the issue if I will not have the i-797 of company B ?
    Q4. Is I-797 of company B required for Green card processing?

Please answer the question at the earliest. Appreciated your help in advance.

Queries

I was wondering if someone can answer or there is a good source from where I can get the information quickly .

I was with Company A on H1B and Joined the company B after they filed the H1B transfer. I have transfer receipt number of company B. So far in the pending status. I want to change the company B because what ever they committed during interview it is not the case so I want join company C. Company C told me they will file the transfer based on the receipt number what I have received from the company B.

Q1. Do I still need a I-797 from company B for my future use?

---- It depends as to what you mean by future use. Normally there is no need but if you have it keep it on file you can have it

Q2. Do the immigration transfer the case to company C and the new I - 797 will only be issued to company C not to Company B since company C filed the transfer based on the receipt number of company B?

---- This again depends on the stage of processing of each transfer. Even if they issue the I-797 for both the companies that should be fine and it will take care of your Q1 and you will have a history of events

Q3. Incase there will 2, I-797 for company B and company C then what is the issue if I will not have the i-797 of company B ?

---- Can you reword this question? It looks like you want to have both the I-797s and then not have one of them in hand and it repeats Q! and Q2

Q4. Is I-797 of company B required for Green card processing?

---- If you have not worked for company B then there is no need of it under normal circumstances

---- All the questions seem to worded in a way that one response will conflict with the other and finally the replies you get will not be to your liking. Please rethink and rewrite the queries for clarity. Alternately, consult an experienced immigration attorney

Subramanya

Comment

Need Immediate Help ***H1B Transfer ****

Thanks Lot subramanya !!

I am almost clear on the answers. To clarify again, since I am leaving the company B with very short time, I would not be getting the I-797 form from them. I am thinking of start the GC processing from Company C. Do I need company B I-797 for GC processing ?

When I say in future : I am not sure what are the various occasions where previous I-797 is required, so I asked for future. If there is urgency then I would prefer to stay with the company and once receive every thing I will persu my career with C.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

I-797 queries

I am almost clear on the answers. To clarify again, since I am leaving the company B with very short time, I would not be getting the I-797 form from them. I am thinking of start the GC processing from Company C. Do I need company B I-797 for GC processing ?

---- It does not make a big difference as you have worked for them for a short period of time

When I say in future : I am not sure what are the various occasions where previous I-797 is required, so I asked for future. If there is urgency then I would prefer to stay with the company and once receive every thing I will persu my career with C.

---- There is no need to have the I-797 from company B if you are planning to go to company C. But keep the receipt number and notice in hand should any question areise in the future (normally nobody will ask unless there are some legal issues associated with your case file)

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X