Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the spouse apply for H4 while I am still in India

Hi,

Suppose if I get H1B and when I am still in India, can my wife apply for H4 visa and attend the interview? Or she can apply only after I go to USA?

Can you please clarify?

Thanks,
    Ravi

H4 Visa issues

Suppose if I get H1B and when I am still in India, can my wife apply for H4 visa and attend the interview? Or she can apply only after I go to USA?

Can you please clarify?

---- Yes, your wife can apply for the H4 Visa appointment and appear for the invterview while you are in India. There is no need for you to come to the US and then your wife apply for her H4 Visa. It will be treated as a family affair and it is also advisable to go together for the Visa interview

Subramanya

Comment

Hi Subramanya,

Thanks for your information.

I already took the appoint for myself. But, not for my wife. Out of the following options, which is more favorable?

1) First I attend the interview, if I get the visa, then, my wife applies for H4 immediately

2) Cancel my appointment and take the fresh appointment together.

Thanks in advance,
      Ravi

Comment

Hi ,

Can anyone please response to my previous query?

Regards,
        Ravi

Comment

Visa Appointment

I already took the appoint for myself. But, not for my wife. Out of the following options, which is more favorable?

1) First I attend the interview, if I get the visa, then, my wife applies for H4 immediately

2) Cancel my appointment and take the fresh appointment together.

---- You should in all probability go with option 1 (ideally it would be better to go together). As you have already taken an appointment do not waste it.

If you take a fresh appointment just to include your wife, the event will take its own course and you may have to wait a little longer

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X