H1 Visa Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa Extension

Hi My visa is about to expire in a 15 days & my company has just filed an extension.

They say I will receive a "receipt" within 2 weeks that will be good enough for me to continue staying here legally.

Is this correct ? Also what is this receipt... any idea ? Is it the petition 1797 ?

Also, based on this receipt, can I file for my parents visit visa?

Thanks.

H1 Extension

Hi My visa is about to expire in a 15 days & my company has just filed an extension.

They say I will receive a "receipt" within 2 weeks that will be good enough for me to continue staying here legally.

Is this correct ? Also what is this receipt... any idea ? Is it the petition 1797 ?

---- Yes, this is correct. This is receipt that USCIS has received your application. If not 2 at best it may take 3 weeks. It is not the petition I-797. That will come in the mail in 90-120 days. If it is premium processing it may take 3-4 weeks

Also, based on this receipt, can I file for my parents visit visa? -

---- NO, you will to wait for the I-797 (original approval notice). If you have the previous I-797 you can check the details

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks !!

Thanks so much for replying. Maybe I should drop this idiotic company for the way they handled my visa.

Thanks a bunch again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X