Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B approved and also applied for H4 extension - Not sure about the current status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B approved and also applied for H4 extension - Not sure about the current status

Hi,

My husband was working with Company "A" in H1 until last month and I was on H4. During that time, I got a sponsor and applied for H1B. In last month, my husband changed his employer, and his new employer "B" has applied for his H1 transfer and extension of my H4. We also got the receipt numbers for the same. Meanwhile, my H1 is also approved now.

1. What is my visa status now?

2. My sponsor is saying that I am on H1 now and my H4 application has to be withdrawn, otherwise, if it is approved I can't work.

3. Because of some personal reasons, I won't be able to work for another 6 months. So for, I haven't started to work. So, can I allow the H4 application from my husband's new employer "B' to continue and and get it approved. What should I do when I want to work after 6 months. Should I go out of US and get it stamped?

4. If I withdraw H4 application, then can I continue to stay in US without working (and without any paystubs) for the next 6 months? Is it legal?

Answers to the above questions would really be helpful.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X