Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 Visa (lastname change after marriage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa (lastname change after marriage)

This might be posted before here, but I wanted to make sure I post it again with laws changing all the time...

My Wife is in US on H4 Visa. She was issued a new passport from the Indian Consulate in US (with the old passport cancelled, but all visa's valid), when she got her last name changed from her maiden name to her marriage name.

Is there any complication on her making a trip to India, and coming back with the old visa (in the old passport) or it requires her getting a new visa in her now new changed name ?

If the old visa is still valid, then what all is needed as supporting documents on entry?
    I would think
    - old passport (of course, with the visa)
    - new passport
    - marriage certificate
    - anything else you want to add to the list ?

Thanks in advance !!!

H4 Visa

This might be posted before here, but I wanted to make sure I post it again with laws changing all the time...

My Wife is in US on H4 Visa. She was issued a new passport from the Indian Consulate in US (with the old passport cancelled, but all visa's valid), when she got her last name changed from her maiden name to her marriage name.

Is there any complication on her making a trip to India, and coming back with the old visa (in the old passport) or it requires her getting a new visa in her now new changed name ?

---- There is no need of getting a new Visa if the Visa in your wife's old Passport is valid and unexpired at the time of joureny and landing in the US
    If the old visa is still valid, then what all is needed as supporting documents on entry?
    I would think
    - old passport (of course, with the visa)
    - new passport
    - marriage certificate
    - anything else you want to add to the list ?

---- Let her carry a copy of your I-797 to show that her H4 is based on the aprincipal applicant's H1 approval notice (This is only just in case). Otherwise she should be food to travel and come back to US

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X