Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer holding H1B Doc

Hi,

I have this problem. I transferred my H1B from A to B and started working. Now my current H1B Doc is with B. This comp is not giving my H1 Doc. Is there any way i can get the copy of it for my H1B Transfer?

Please any one help me. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    LAK

H1B Approval Notice

I have this problem. I transferred my H1B from A to B and started working. Now my current H1B Doc is with B. This comp is not giving my H1 Doc. Is there any way i can get the copy of it for my H1B Transfer?

Please any one help me. Your help is highly appreciated.

---- If you have a copy of the H1 approval notice and the lower portion of the notice (in original) that should be fine. The H1 approval notice clearly tells in the body that the petitioner should keep the upper portion of the notice.

Thus, there is no cause for worry. Let the petition remain with the employer and you enjoy your work with them

Subramanya

Comment

There are a few companies that engage in this kind of practice. Keep back pay stubs and H1b docs so you cannot easily switch to another employer. Its one of the glitches in the H1b program. If he complains to the USCIS, the employer will threaten to cancel his H1b visa which they could. I would telling your employer that you need to fly home for a special reason and you would need the papers to get your H1b stamped in your passport. Once they send those papers, immediately switch your employer and please let everyone know the name of your company and the ceo of that company (since these companies are also known to keep changing names).

Comment

Thank you guys for your quick response.

Subramanya - If you are talking about H1 petition paper, i don't have that one too. But i have a Receipt number and know that my H1 transfer has been approved. Is there any way i can transfer H1 with receipt number?

Thanks,
        LAK

Comment

Same boat

Hi,

I am in the same boat. Due to some Mergers, the compnay that filed my h1 is not sending peeple to US . My H1 is approved but I have do not got the petition. I do have recpt no which says it is approved.

How can I tranfer my H1 without Petiion. I am currenlty in Us on L1.

Thanks & Pls advice

Comment

Petiion required...

Hi,

I am in the same boat. Due to some Mergers, the compnay that filed my h1 is not sending peeple to US . My H1 is approved but I have do not got the petition. I do have recpt no which says it is approved.

How can I tranfer my H1 without Petiion. I am currenlty in Us on L1.

----normaly NO, Petiion is required.
            --Try to get duplicate copy of petition from USCIS

Thanks & Pls advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X