URGENT :Query on Passport SurName

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT :Query on Passport SurName

Had any one faced problem in new Visa stamping because of not having clear distinction in the Surname and given names in the passport where as Petition & old US Visas has surname and given name in separate section.

Till date I had not faced any problem with Visa stamping & extention but with change in rule every day....Bit worried and I am travelling in Nov end and have stamping date in early dec.

Thanks,

ritpal

Surname Problem in Passport

Had any one faced problem in new Visa stamping process because of not having clear distinction in the Surname and given names in the passport where as Petition & old US Visas & SSN has surname and given name in separate section.

Till date I had not faced any problem with Visa stamping & extention but with change in rule every day....Bit worried and I am travelling in Nov end and have stamping date in early dec.

Please inform.

Thanks,

ritpal

Comment

Had any one faced problem in new Visa stamping process because of not having clear distinction in the Surname and given names in the passport where as Petition & old US Visas & SSN has surname and given name in separate section.

---- What is the matter here? You have no question other than saying that Passport and Petition are having diffrent fields. that's the way it might or you are reading it that way

Mind clarifying further

Subramanya

Comment

See.

For example in passport:

First Name : ABC XYZ
        Last Name : -------

where as in Visa /Petition extension/SSN Has
        First Name : ABC
        Last Name : XYZ

currently I am in H1-extension and will be traveling to India on vacation, will it be a problem with passport & visa name mismatch for restamping inverview as old visa was issued 3 year back when it was drop box for Visa stamping.

Please suggest..

Thanks,
        Ritpal

Comment

Name change and passport

For example in passport:

First Name : ABC XYZ
          Last Name : -------

where as in Visa /Petition extension/SSN Has
          First Name : ABC
          Last Name : XYZ

currently I am in H1-extension and will be traveling to India on vacation, will it be a problem with passport & visa name mismatch for restamping inverview as old visa was issued 3 year back when it was drop box for Visa stamping.

---- If you have time on your hands, get the change made in your Passport. Depending on where you are residing you can go the Indian Consulate and get the change made the same day. Alternately, just face it at the interview and if the VO questions, show some other proof of identity to establish that you are the same person both on the Passport and the H1 petition

Subramanya

Comment

Could you please inform in this case of restamping now, I should write name as per passport or as per petition/visa & SSN.

Thanks,
            Ritpal

Comment

Hi Ppl,

I recently got my H1B visa stamped from the Chennai consulate. On the visa, they have swapped my given name and surname(name is spelt correctly but order is wrong) as there is no distinction of surname and given name on my passport. I have got an endorsement from the passport office clarifying my Given name and Surname, but as I am travelling soon I do not have sufficient time to get it corrected on my visa. All my petition-related documents have the correct order of name.

Will I have problems at the Port of Entry regarding mismatch of name on my passport (endorsement) and visa? Anyone having similar experiences in the past, please guide.

Thanks,
              -D.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X