Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 156 QUESTION Mr Subramanya pls help me

In DS 156 , QUESTION # 26 How long do you Intend to stay in US -

MY ANSWER IS - TILL THE DURATION OF VISA. Am I correct ?

Q 27 - What is the Purpose of your Trip? - Temporary Employment/EMPLOYMENT/WORK

Question 30- Mention additional visa ... Do i need to mention H1B Visa?

At the time of stamping , Do I need to carry all photo copies or just the originals would be fine ?

I am travelling from chicago to Ottawa , do I need to handover I94 at chicago or when ?.....

I am so sorry if I asked you lots of questions , However there are lots of people asking question diretly to you (supposed to be knowledgable person ) thats the reason I asked you lots of question. pls answer my questions.

Thanks, msk.

DS 156 Form

In DS 156 , QUESTION # 26 How long do you Intend to stay in US -

MY ANSWER IS - TILL THE DURATION OF VISA. Am I correct ?

---- Yes, you are correct

Q 27 - What is the Purpose of your Trip? - Temporary Employment/EMPLOYMENT/WORK

---- Employment

Question 30- Mention additional visa ... Do i need to mention H1B Visa?

---- Mention other Visas issued to you like F1, JI etc

At the time of stamping , Do I need to carry all photo copies or just the originals would be fine ?

---- Keep photocopies with you (just in case you need them)

I am travelling from chicago to Ottawa , do I need to handover I94 at chicago or when ?.....

---- No, If you are travelling to Canada there is no need to handover the I-94

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Mr Subramanya

Thank you so much for your immediate reply and Iam thrilled to see your instant reply..........
      I got your feedbacks for all my questions, I am still not convinced or I am thoroughly confused reg the I94 ISSUE .

Per your feedback, If I dont give that at chicago (before boarding Ottawa flight) then........
      a. At Ottawa during CANADAIAN immigation will they collect that ?

OR
      B. When I am returning after my stamping (I assume at the aircraft from chicago to Ottawa they will isuue new I94 ) so at Chicago during US immigration , will they collect the old I94 ?

This help will relieves me lot of tension...........

By the way , my project gets over this friday and my stamping date is at Nov 29 , (but i have my recent paystub) I dont want to lie anything to VO. Will the VO concern about this ? So what best I can do in this scenario?

I would really appreciate if you could answer me this questionnnnn.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Questions and Questions

[QUOTE=msk]Thank you so much for your immediate reply and Iam thrilled to see your instant reply..........
        I got your feedbacks for all my questions, I am still not convinced or I am thoroughly confused reg the I94 ISSUE .

Per your feedback, If I dont give that at chicago (before boarding Ottawa flight) then........
        a. At Ottawa during CANADAIAN immigation will they collect that ?

---- Canadian Immigration has nothing to do with your I-94 and they do not collect it
        OR
        B. When I am returning after my stamping (I assume at the aircraft from chicago to Ottawa they will isuue new I94 ) so at Chicago during US immigration , will they collect the old I94 ?

---- There is some mistake in this question, try and correct it.
        However, to your question as I understand my response would be as follows

---- You will be issued a valid I-94 at Ottawa before boarding your flight to Chicago. Your old I-94 will retained by the Immigration Officials (You may want to double check this matter with someone who has traveled to Canada and back)

---- In Canada the US Immigration Officials are present at the POE's like airports, unlike other countries and they check all your documents and Visas before they permit you to enter the aircraft).

---- Thus, once you land in Chicago, you will not be subject to any checks and you have to only collect your luggage and keep moving

By the way , my project gets over this friday and my stamping date is at Nov 29 , (but i have my recent paystub) I dont want to lie anything to VO. Will the VO concern about this ? So what best I can do in this scenario?

---- This is not an issue, Just show you recent pay stubs and bank statements if asked for

---- Wish you good luck and get back to US safely with a valid US Visa

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks a ton Mr Subramanya

Thank you so much for you replies.
          Before I board Chicago flight, they will do the immigration , retain the old I94 , give the new I94 . Thts it correct .

Thanks .

Comment

I-94

Thank you so much for you replies.
            Before I board Chicago flight, they will do the immigration , retain the old I94 , give the new I94 . Thts it correct .

---- Yes, Before you board the flight to Chicago from Ottawaa

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Mr Subramanya

Thanks a lot .......

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X