Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer while H1 Renewal

Hello
    I am working for company A now on H1B, my visa/i94 expires on June 2007. My company is ready to get my extension done
    I had the following questions:
    1. How much time does it generally take for Visa Extension?
    2. Can I get my H1 transferred through a company B, when my H1 Renewal is in process by Company A?
    3. I am leaving for India for a vacation in Mid of March, if i get my extension done before that, then will my i94 be given based on that?

What is it i need to get my H1 Transferred when my H1 Renewal process is going on?

Please help me on the same.
    Last edited by maddy79; 11-19-2006, 12:09 AM. Reason: Title changed

I am working for company A now on H1B, my visa/i94 expires on June 2007. My company is ready to get my extension done
    I had the following questions:
    1. How much time does it generally take for Visa Extension?

---- 3-4 months depending on the profession

2. Can I get my H1 transferred through a company B, when my H1 Renewal is in process by Company A?

--- Yes, it is possible

3. I am leaving for India for a vacation in Mid of March, if i get my extension done before that, then will my i94 be given based on that?

---- Yes

What is it i need to get my H1 Transferred when my H1 Renewal process is going on?

---- Find a employer who can sponsor you for a H1 transfer and apply for the transfer

Subramanya

Comment

H1 Transfer while Renewal

Thank you.
      Does this mean that I dont need to have any kind of "receipt - of Renewal" if I am looking for a new job or while H1 Transfer.
      Or is it because, my Visa is valid till June 2007, and I am looking out for a new job before the expiry, and Renewal does not play any role, so I dont need a Renewal Reciept?

I had one more question, can I travel when my H1 Renewal is in Process, does Renewal of H1 also have anything called "Status".

Comment

H1 queries

Does this mean that I dont need to have any kind of "receipt - of Renewal" if I am looking for a new job or while H1 Transfer.

---- When a transfer or renewal is applied for you will receive a receipt within a week. However, the receipt is not necessary for the next transfer

Or is it because, my Visa is valid till June 2007, and I am looking out for a new job before the expiry, and Renewal does not play any role, so I dont need a Renewal Reciept?

---- You Visa can be valid till any length of time. Your renewal or transfer has to be applied for before that date. As written above you will receive a receipt once renewal or transfer is applied for

I had one more question, can I travel when my H1 Renewal is in Process, does Renewal of H1 also have anything called "Status".

---- It is advisable not to travel until the renewal process is complete and you have the approval notice with you. Renewal of H1 has no status label, the status is by itself H1

Subramanya

Comment

H1 Transfer while H1 Renewal

Thank you.
          I need your suggestion on the same.
          I have to be in India till Mid Feb 2007 due to some personal commitments.
          But my Visa is expiring on June 2007

Now since it is not advisable to travel until i get my approval notice, what should I do.
          1. Shall i get my Renewal process done after i get back to US?
          2. But that would be a very short period isnt it, from Mid Feb 2007 till, Mid June 2007-date of expiry?
          If it doesnt get renewed by June 2007, then I may have to go back right? What other options do I have?
          3. Then after coming back to US , i can look out for a Company B for my H1 transferred when the H1 is being renewed.

Am totally confused. Please help.

Comment

H1 Issues

I need your suggestion on the same.
            I have to be in India till Mid Feb 2007 due to some personal commitments.
            But my Visa is expiring on June 2007

Now since it is not advisable to travel until i get my approval notice, what should I do.
            1. Shall i get my Renewal process done after i get back to US?

---- If you do not have time right now then yes, come back to US in Feb 2007 and apply for the renewal. Till June 2007 there is sufficient time and the renewal should be approved by then

2. But that would be a very short period isnt it, from Mid Feb 2007 till, Mid June 2007-date of expiry?

---- As above, NO

If it doesnt get renewed by June 2007, then I may have to go back right? What other options do I have?

---- There is sufficient time to speak about that. apply for the renewal in Feb 2007 and wait for the response

3. Then after coming back to US , i can look out for a Company B for my H1 transferred when the H1 is being renewed.

---- If you fear your renewal will not be approved how do you expect your transfer to another company to be approved.

---- In all possibility if you are apprehensive about your renewal then you can transfer your H1 to another company

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks a ton Subramanya, I am clear with what I have to do now.
              Thanks again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X