Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B on hold under section 221(g)

Hello,
    I had been to the chennai consulate for H1B stamping and they have kept my petition on hold under section 221(g). I have the following queries please let me know.
    1) I have been handed over the blue 221(g) form what does blue colour signifies.
    2) The Visa officer asked me use to dropbox to drop required documents, but he indicated that I don't have to drop the Passport and struck that option out from the form, please let me know what does that means, does that means that he has already decided on denying the Visa .

Regards
    Josh

H1 Visa Queries

I had been to the chennai consulate for H1B stamping and they have kept my petition on hold under section 221(g). I have the following queries please let me know.
    1) I have been handed over the blue 221(g) form what does blue colour signifies.

---- Acccess the website of the US Consulate for Chennai city for a definition of these colored forms. Basically, there isn't much difference but reading the website will put you at ease

2) The Visa officer asked me use to dropbox to drop required documents, but he indicated that I don't have to drop the Passport and struck that option out from the form, please let me know what does that means, does that means that he has already decided on denying the Visa .

---- Do as instructed adn advised. They will inform you once the process is completed. This may take 4-8 weeks. If you do get a call earlier you are very lucky

Subramanya

Comment

H1B on hold under section 221(g)

Thanks Mr Subramanya, I will doing as they have asked me to but can you please tell me if possible why they asked me not to send the passport.

Regards
      Josh

Comment

221g

Thanks Mr Subramanya, I will doing as they have asked me to but can you please tell me if possible why they asked me not to send the passport.

---- Probably they have nothing to do with your Passport. Of course this is pure speculation. Each individual case being what it is, the VO must have thought that your Passport was not needed for evaluation of your circumstances

Subramanya

Comment

Thank you Sir, I will just provide the documents and wait and watch.

Regards
          Josh

Comment

It purely depends on Case to Case.
            No timeframe for 221(g) Additional Administrative Processing.

My case is pending from 4th January, 2006 and still same reply from consulate "its in process. No timeframe."

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X