Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g with out any reason -- help needed :(

Hi all

I had my interview on 04-Dec-06, at chennai. It went on like this...

at the doc submission point, asked for I797, I129, LCA etc.. my petitioner didn't give me original I797, instead gave me some print out and also petitioner requested for additional copy of I797, so I gave this receipt..

At the VO counter:

VO: Hi
    me: Hi
    VO: show me your I797, I129, LCA
    me: showed the docs
    VO: asked my education background
    me: BTech in Mech.. from xxx
    VO: why did you move to IT
    me: xxx I was interested in college and right from my first assignments, I was working on IT, and I have been getting more opps in IT ... etc etc..
    VO: show me your experience letter..
    me: showed it to her..
    VO: show me your current job Offer letter
    me : showed it..
    VO: what does that job title mean.. what are the skills, resp required
    me: showed the company doc on that and explained her
    VO: how many yrs of experience do you have
    me: 4.3+
    VO: how many yrs of programming experience
    me: 4
    VO: how did you learn programming..
    me: in the first job, it was mainly self and on job training..and current job, its thru trainings..
    VO: where is your I797 original
    me: my petitioner did not give me
    VO: how did you get this printout
    me: (I showed some print out of I797 which my petitioner sent me as scanned copy) and showed the receipt that an additional copy has been requested to USCIS
    VO: give me your degree certificates copies
    me: done..
    VO: gave a paper to me and asked me to write complete works I perform at the current job
    me: done and gave it to her
    VO: we need to perform additional review in your case, so, the docs will be sent to USCIS for further review and will contact your petitioner..and gave me my passport back to me with a stamp - "Application Received" with a 221(g) BLUE form by ticking at the same..

"This petition has been sent to USCIS for further review..xxxx"

Please let me know what this means?? I am totally confused and worried as well..

Thanks and best regards

Hi

Dont worry...as u dont have the original I797 they have sent ur case to USCIS for further action. USCIS will issue a duplicate I797 and confirm the approval.
    Also ur work exp will be validated in the US and they will get back to u.

It may take some time, but they will surely come back with some status.

HTH
    Neeraj

Comment

What kind of employer he is! He must give the original I-797 as they mentioned officially in the chennai consulate website. Ask him to send the original, if they call you for another interview.

http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/work_visas_h_l.html
      • I-797 -- the original notice of approval,
      • The complete I-129 petition submitted by your prospective employer including the Labor Condition Application

But the way you answered Qs is very good & definetly they will give you visa. Be cool & you will get a call from consulate soon !

Comment

you shouldn't attend interview without original I797

What happend to your orininal I797? Why you didn't receive your I797? How your employer suggested to attend counsulate interview without original I797. If you have all original documents also some time they are keeping application in admin process. next time take all the required original document and attend. All the best

Regards
        RK

Comment

221G Admin process

After some time cousulate people contact to you. I think admin process will take minimum 6 to 8 weeks time. there is no maximum time limit. so next time take original document without fail. defenetely you will get VISA. All the best

Regards
          RK

Comment

thanks

Thanks all for the replies... my petitioner seems to have not received the original copy.. they only got a cable notification through a scanned copy or something like that.. Even though they requested for an additional copy, they didn't receive it..

my petitioner seems to be working with INS on this issue .. lets hope for the best.. I am kinda relieved after seeing your replies..

thanks a lot.. kudos to immihelp

Comment

Thanks for all your help... I have now received the H1B stamping.. Appreciated everyone's efforts to help me resolve this issue...

Comment

Just I got (G) on my passport

Hello Guys,

I have attended interview for H1B visa stamping at NewDelhi on November 30th 2006. After they reviewed all documents and asked me some technical questions and the they asked me to withdraw application otherwise he is going reject the visa. Then I got scared and I asked him to withdraw. Then he took my passport and HDFC pink Draft and wrote "G" on my last page of passport. There is no wrong with me and even all my experience and all my qualifications are real.

Can you guys suggest me what I have to do in my sistuation? Anyone go this sistuation. Now H1B processing comapny asking why don't you go for another interview at Chennai and tell them what happend in Delhi. Can I reapply for stamping again. Just I want to know happend in my case.

Advanced appreciation to you guys.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X