Question about tax docs for H1 stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about tax docs for H1 stamping

I have an appointment for H1 visa stamping at Ottawa in a few days. I have my W2's with me in case they want to see tax documents.
    But now I am having doubts if it is enough to show W2?! Should I also keep IRS's 1040 form as well?

I have another question about I-797. All websites say that they need original I-797 form. I do have original. But now my friend is saying that I only have I-797A (my copy), while they need I-797C (employer's copy).
    Do I need to ask my employer to give me I-797C?

I have an appointment for H1 visa stamping at Ottawa in a few days. I have my W2's with me in case they want to see tax documents. But now I am having doubts if it is enough to show W2?! Should I also keep IRS's 1040 form as well?
    => Actually, you must provide Tax returns & W2s for all the years you worked in US. If you have enough salary details, do not hesitate to keep them.

I have another question about I-797. All websites say that they need original I-797 form. I do have original. But now my friend is saying that I only have I-797A (my copy), while they need I-797C (employer's copy).
    Do I need to ask my employer to give me I-797C?
    => I think any original of I-797 will be fine but make sure w/ your employer.
    It make sense to submit your copy as employer's won't release their copy, if there is any.

Good Luck...
    Last edited by Das; 12-07-2006, 04:58 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X