• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Required for H4 Visa with Indian Passport

Hi Folks,

Anyone can help me to slove my issues.

H4 Visa (Interlink one with other)
    =======
    1. I got stamped on 19th Oct and came to US under H1B visa status on 5th Nov. I had traditional marriage on Aug 2006 and i didn't make arrange for Marraige certificate when i go for stamp. When i get stampping officer ask me the following question.
    A. Did you get married ? No
    B. What is your spouse First Name and Last Name ? I said, I am Single
    C. Did you get engaged ? No (I do not have document to show as evidance)
    Do they mark the above info on their record ?

My Register of Marriage was completed on 3rd Nov and the marriage certificate was clearly specified traditional marriage over on Aug 06.
    a. Will it be any problem my spouse goes for H4 stampping on Jan / Feb 07 ?
    b. Any question about the spouse never mentioned marriage info., when he got stampping ?
    c. Is there any reason to reject ?
    d. Please give us advise to get through success stamp for H4 !!

Passport (link with above instance)
    ========
    Another issue had happen, During Sep 06 (traditional marriage over on Aug 06), my spouse applied Indian passport, didn't have marriage certificate, Applied with marritial status as single. Now, the passport under processing in India.
    >> If i show my marriage certificate with my visa copy to passport office for faster process, is any chance to hold spouse passport and ask us to show evidance like photos and etc.
    OR
    >> Shall i wait for passport to come and do update the spouse lastname with marriage status ? If i choose this way, is the passport officer ask question, while apply passport itself would have mentionin the application, why did you hide your marritial status ?

Please advise me for the best solution above 3 different issues but one relate with others.

Thank you in advance,

Regards

- Ramya

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X