Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221 (g)

Hi,

I had Visa interview in Chennai on December 8, 2006. Visa was not stamped. Visa Officer handed out 221 (g) to me.

The Visa Officer (VO) has retained the following documents (received from Synergic Solutions) with him:

1)I 797
    2)I-129 Petition
    3)Letter addressed to USCIS for the petition.
    4)Evaluation of Training, Education and Experience along with profile of the Valuer.
    5)Client letter

Along with the above, the VO had retained my experience Certificate issued by my present employer.

At the end of the interview, the VO had handed out form 221 (g) to me marking against column “your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made. This office will contact you once this administrative processing is complete”.

The VO also had put a stamp on the passport stating “Application received”.

I would like to know as to what will happen next. The VO had informed me that they will contact me once the additional administrative process is satisfactorily completed.

I have no clue what top do next. I am also not sure whether my original I797, I-129 etc will be returned to me and if so when. What could be time frame within which this administrative processing would complete.

I need help on this.

Sudheer
    Last edited by asreddy_rcl; 12-09-2006, 03:22 AM. Reason: Change of title

221g

I had Visa interview in Chennai on December 8, 2006. Visa was not stamped. Visa Officer handed out 221 (g) to me.

The Visa Officer (VO) has retained the following documents (received from Synergic Solutions) with him:

1)I 797
    2)I-129 Petition
    3)Letter addressed to USCIS for the petition.
    4)Evaluation of Training, Education and Experience along with profile of the Valuer.
    5)Client letter

Along with the above, the VO had retained my experience Certificate issued by my present employer.

At the end of the interview, the VO had handed out form 221 (g) to me marking against column “your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made. This office will contact you once this administrative processing is complete”.

The VO also had put a stamp on the passport stating “Application received”.

I would like to know as to what will happen next. The VO had informed me that they will contact me once the additional administrative process is satisfactorily completed.

I have no clue what top do next. I am also not sure whether my original I797, I-129 etc will be returned to me and if so when. What could be time frame within which this administrative processing would complete.

I need help on this.

---- It takes anywhere from 6-8 weeks. Please be patient for all this process to be completed. You have just wait out your time in this context. Browse through the forum and you will find various answers to the same question

---- All documents will be returned to you once the process is completed

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X