Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g)

Hi Guys,

I attended the H1B interview at Chennai Embassy and my visa was suspended under 221(g). I was asked to submit the client letter and the complete itenary. I was asked to use the VFS drop box facility and not attended in person at the consulate.

Does anybody have any idea how long the VFS drop box facility takes and when I can expect to get any intimation from the consulate. Do I need to submit my passport as well along with the client letter and the complete itenary so that in case my visa gets approved, i can have the approved visa on my passport.

Can anybody who has gone through this process provide any suggestions.

Regards
    Amit

Have you submitted the docs?

I submitted my docs on nov 24th and yet to hear from them. While submitting the docs vfs told me that it would take a minimum of 5 to 10 working days.

It looks like it might take 4 to 8 weeks for AAP.

Please post here if you get any updates.

Thanks

Comment

221(g)-AAP

Hi,

I am also in the same boat. I attended interview at Chennai Consulate for
      H1B on 12th sep 2006. Got issued 221(g) for: 1) Client letter & 2) Complete itinerary service for H1B period.
      Submitted these documents on 1st Nov 2006. Since then I am waiting for an update from the consulate.

Mr. Subramanya,
      I had worked in US on H1B from 1999 to 2002.
      In my case, what will be the kind of admin. processing is required?
      1) Is there any security check?
      2) For any client letter, will there be any verfication check with the end client?
      3) For AAP, will the case be sent to US for further check?

Totally

Thanks,

Comment

221G Checks - Speculation

I am also in the same boat. I attended interview at Chennai Consulate for
        H1B on 12th sep 2006. Got issued 221(g) for: 1) Client letter & 2) Complete itinerary service for H1B period.
        Submitted these documents on 1st Nov 2006. Since then I am waiting for an update from the consulate.

Mr. Subramanya,
        I had worked in US on H1B from 1999 to 2002.
        In my case, what will be the kind of admin. processing is required?

---- There are 'n' number of things that are verified. All we can do is guess work and hopr for the best

1) Is there any security check?

---- If they have not indicated any security check then NO

2) For any client letter, will there be any verfication check with the end client?

---- Normally, there is depending on how convincing the issue is and what they need to verify. First and foremost criteria is the existence of the client

3) For AAP, will the case be sent to US for further check?

---- Yes, it is sent to US for further checks. The checks that are conducted are employer's name verification (even if it is a global company), employability and unemployability factors, payment, taxes, etc. etc.

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for the reply...

Hello Subramanya,

I really appreciate your prompt reply and needful insight to the questions.

Few more things:
          1) Regarding the client letter. Does the USCIS really contact the Consulting company and the end client to verify the person is going to work for that client? As you know no client will wait indefinitely for the candidate to come and join them for work. In such case, how does the client letter holds good?

This H1B process a year long gambling affair with no definite result. It may turn to your favour or not, inspite of good track record of company & candidate. Simply waste of time & energy. Earlier it was not like this. I see people with no experience, hardly speak english and never been to US get the Visa easily. Other country Visas are much better.

Thanks,

Comment

221g

hi i to got 221g blue form .i had interview on 2 dec so plz tell me how much does it takes for administrative processing .reply me soon.waiting for ur response.

Comment

H1 Visa

I really appreciate your prompt reply and needful insight to the questions.

Few more things:
              1) Regarding the client letter. Does the USCIS really contact the Consulting company and the end client to verify the person is going to work for that client? As you know no client will wait indefinitely for the candidate to come and join them for work. In such case, how does the client letter holds good?

---- Yes, they do contact the client companies through referrals and cold calling and other such techniques. If the client company does exist and it really needs the services of an H1 applicant then they have to provide all the information and wait. In the extreme case if the client company does not wait for a candidate, finding the next candidate is equally more difficult and it is a waste of their resources, time, money etc.

This H1B process a year long gambling affair with no definite result. It may turn to your favour or not, inspite of good track record of company & candidate. Simply waste of time & energy. Earlier it was not like this. I see people with no experience, hardly speak english and never been to US get the Visa easily. Other country Visas are much better.

---- Earlier it was much worse, nobody knew what is this process. Today you have an understanding that there is a process (of course, very little). It is a gambling affair --- Yes and No, depending on which side of the fence you are ---- However, you have to take your chance and try

---- No experience, speaking english etc. are not a criteria to get a Visa issued. The debate can go on forever. The most important thing is if you wish to and want to come to the US and work, you have to undergo these tribulations. If you choose to go to another country, it remains your decision

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X