Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and L2 clash

Hi,

me and my wife are working in india for different software companies. My company processed H1 for me and H4 for my wife in sept 2006. Now my wife's company is interested to process L1 for her and L2 for me.

so my question is - if i apply for L2, will my H1 be void or disabled? Someone told me that i cannot apply for L2 if i have H1. Please clarify.

I dont want to screw up my H1 just becoz of this L2. Please advise me.

thanks
    Praveen.

Hi

IMO...it would be better if u get ur wife L1 processed by her co. There is no compulsion for u to get L2 from that co. u can tell them that u have valid H1 and both of u will be able to work in the US.

Just cancel her H4 and get new L1 stamped for her....and u are all set to go

HTH
    Neeraj

Comment

Almost same issue

Hi:
      I have almost the same issue. I have H1. My wife has H4 and her company is processing L1 for her. Now, if her company does not send her to US after getting L1, can she travel with me in H4?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

L2 for me

Hi,

My concern is not about my wife, even if her H4 is cancelled, i dont mind, because her company is processing L1 for her.

My main concern is about my H1. If i get L2 processed for me, will my H1 be void? will it be disabled? I dont want get my H1 disturbed. Please advise.

thanks
        Praveen

Comment

Hi

I got ur point.... Yes !!! ur H1 will be void once u get L2 stamped. At a time u can have one Visa in hand.

Just to let u know something....my Friend was having valid H1 and he went for B1 stamping the VO said he will cancel his H1 if he want B1 from any other co. So as far as i know US Gov allows one visa ta a time.

Not a legal Advice...Please get it confirm from authorities.

HTH
          Neeraj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X