Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Expiring H1-B is valid....

This is my situation.

I was issued a H1-B visa upto august 2008. My visa expiry date is until jul-19- 2008.
    The expiry date was the same on the original I-94 which came along with the H1-B papers.

In march 2006 i went to india and hence surrendered my I-94 at the Port of entry.
    On my return i was issued a new I-94 which has a expiry date of Dec-30-2006. The reason the expiry date changed because my passport was also expiring on Dec-30-2006.
    I already got my passport extended and now i do not know how to proceed with the extension of I-94.

When i called USCIS and did some research they informed me about the following options.

1) Apply for a new H1-B visa which will give me a new i-94. (which is the last thing i want to do.)
    2) Leave the country and reenter.(Not a good option for me right now)

3) I was told about the form I-102 form. This form is used to get a new I-94 if it is stolen/Lost/damaged or if you were never issued one. Also it can be used to correct information in the I-94.
    Correction can include biographical information or period of admission.
    Can i fill this form claiming inaccurate period of admission. Infact this was one of the option suggested by the USCIS helpdesk. But I do not trust the legal expertise of the people answering these calls. And i need a second opinion.

4) Some officer suggested at the port of entry that once you renew your passport i need not worry about the 1-94 expiration as it will automatically will get extended.

Please Advice.
    Thanks
    Vinod KK

Hi Vinod,
    Even my situtation is of same like yours. Please let me know once you get your new I-94.

Regards,
    Murugan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X