Clear All

• Subramanya
    replied
    I was on H4. My h4 visa got expired on July 30,

06.Since I applied for h1, I thought h4 visa

extension is not required. I got my h1 approval
    on August,06. But my h1 approval form didnot have
    I-94. We didnot notice that time.

I dont have I-94 in my h1. That means am I not in h1 status ?

If i am not in h1 status, am I in h4 visa status ?

---- NO, you are neither on H1 status nor on H4 status. How are you getting paid without SSN on H1

If I am in h4 visa status, that visa has already expired. Do I have to go out of country and apply h4 and get it stamped and come back to usa ?

---- Yes, do you want to get a Visa issued for H4 or H1? Decide for yourself

After the h4-visa expiry date, is there any time limit I can stay in usa ? Like 140 or 180 days - within these days I should go out of country ?
    so that i go back to my native country, can i enter usa without any problem ?

---- No, there is no such period. You have to immediately go out of US and get the appropriate Visa issued for you to continue your stay in US

If I have to go to my native country, Do I need I-94 to travel to my native country ?

---- You must have an I-94 with your H4 and you can surrender that at the Port of Departure

Subramanya

Leave a comment:

• adrena
    started a topic H1b VISA - NO I 94 -

H1b VISA - NO I 94 -

hi
    I was on H4. My h4 visa got expired on July 30,

06.Since I applied for h1, I thought h4 visa

extension is not required. I got my h1 approval
    on August,06. But my h1 approval form didnot have
    I-94. We didnot notice that time.

I dont have I-94 in my h1. That means am I not in h1 status ?

If i am not in h1 status, am I in h4 visa status ?

If I am in h4 visa status, that visa has already expired. Do I have to go out of country and apply h4 and get it stamped and come back to usa ?

After the h4-visa expiry date, is there any time limit I can stay in usa ? Like 140 or 180 days - within these days I should go out of country ?
    so that i go back to my native country, can i enter usa without any problem ?

If I have to go to my native country, Do I need I-94 to travel to my native country ?

I am really confused. Could any of you help me please ?

Thanks
Working...
X