Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g how to submit

Hi,

I recently attended the H1B interview in chennai and the consulate handed over me 221g (blue color) form and asked me to submit the documents mentioned in the 221g form through drop box facility.

so my question is there any procedure to submit the same to the US consulate?

should i also submit my passport with the required papers ?

Thanks
    Raghu

Documents

I recently attended the H1B interview in chennai and the consulate handed over me 221g (blue color) form and asked me to submit the documents mentioned in the 221g form through drop box facility.

---- Submit only the documents requested by the US Consulate. The drop box facility should be at the VFS office. Browse through their website for the nearest office and also call them to verify the location and timings. The procedure is to submit the documents and nothing else

---- NO, do not submit your Passport as it has not been requeted by them

Subramanya

Comment

check the blue form given by consulate people.

submit all the documents which they marked to submit.

if they marked it as dropbox, then submit documents thru VFS counter in your city.

Comment

passport should i ?

Hi..but the 221g blue form says (at the back of the form) i need to submit passport also as a required document (which holds for any 221g form) so i am bit confused as to should i submit passport or not. if i dont submit how will they stamp the visa in case if my visa is approved ?

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- Submit only the documents requested by the US Consulate. The drop box facility should be at the VFS office. Browse through their website for the nearest office and also call them to verify the location and timings. The procedure is to submit the documents and nothing else

---- NO, do not submit your Passport as it has not been requeted by them

Hi..but the 221g blue form says (at the back of the form) i need to submit passport also as a required document (which holds for any 221g form) so i am bit confused as to should i submit passport or not. if i dont submit how will they stamp the visa in case if my visa is approved ?

Subramanya

Comment

221G and Passport

---- If the box and item has been checked or tick marked by the VO, then you submit the Passport otherwise NO.

---- If you are wondering how will the US Consulate issue a Visa and have it affixed on your Passport, do not worry. When all the paper work is completed they will contact you to send in/submit the Passport for the Visa to be affixed

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X