Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel on H-4 extension

Hi everyone,

I am currently on a H4 Visa. The H4 visa on my passport expires on 20 June 2007. My husband recently got a 3 year extension on his H1 ( I 140 approved) and because of him, my H4 is also extended for 3 years (valid from 10/23/2006 to 08/07/2009 )

I intend to travel abroad in february 2007 to be back in the US by march 2007.
    I have a few questions in this regard:

1. Can I travel on my current H4 visa which expires on 06/20/2007 or should I get a new H4 visa stamped with my 3 year extension before I travel?

2. If I travel on my current H4 visa , is there even a remote possibility of being stopped at Immigration because of my new extension?

3. Also If I decide to travel on my current H4 visa, since I only have 4-5 months left before it expires, will US immigration pose any problems when I re-enter in US?

I would greatly appreciate if you can respond to my questions.

Thank you very much in advance.

H4 Issues

I am currently on a H4 Visa. The H4 visa on my passport expires on 20 June 2007. My husband recently got a 3 year extension on his H1 ( I 140 approved) and because of him, my H4 is also extended for 3 years (valid from 10/23/2006 to 08/07/2009 )

I intend to travel abroad in february 2007 to be back in the US by march 2007.
    I have a few questions in this regard:

1. Can I travel on my current H4 visa which expires on 06/20/2007 or should I get a new H4 visa stamped with my 3 year extension before I travel?

---- You can travel with the current Visa as long as it is valid and unexpired. If you do travel after this date (06/20/2007) you will have to get a Visa issued by a US Consulate outside of US and that will be valid for the validity of extension as per your H4 approval notice

2. If I travel on my current H4 visa , is there even a remote possibility of being stopped at Immigration because of my new extension?

---- As long as the Visa is valid and unexpired, there will be no issues

3. Also If I decide to travel on my current H4 visa, since I only have 4-5 months left before it expires, will US immigration pose any problems when I re-enter in US?

---- The question is repeated in different words from Q1 and 2. The response is the same as above

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X