• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 Convertion

HI

This is Lakshmi. Right now I am in US with H4. and I applied for H1 when I
    was in India.

So to change my status I went to US consulate, Montreal, Canada.
    There they gave 221-g with the condition "Reapply in india".
    So I am palnning to attend in Delhi in the next week. But I didnt take any appointment for that yet. Because that 221-g contains no need of new appointment and application fee with in a year.

Now my questions are
    1) whether I have to take the new appointment for Delhi consulate to attend there? Or I can straightly attend like query with 221-g?

2) And If I can go without appointment what about the 156, 157 and 158 forms?
    I have that forms with US address information. But now it should contains the Indian Residence address. How can I change that address in that forms?

Please reply me ASAP.

Thanks,
    Lakshmi

221g

This is Lakshmi. Right now I am in US with H4. and I applied for H1 when I
    was in India.

So to change my status I went to US consulate, Montreal, Canada.
    There they gave 221-g with the condition "Reapply in india".
    So I am palnning to attend in Delhi in the next week. But I didnt take any appointment for that yet. Because that 221-g contains no need of new appointment and application fee with in a year.

Now my questions are
    1) whether I have to take the new appointment for Delhi consulate to attend there? Or I can straightly attend like query with 221-g?

---- You need to take an appointment at the US Consulate in Delhi and attend the Visa interview. The 221g does not entitlle you to go to the US Consulate directly and appear for the interview. It is only a document issued by the US Consulate in Canada

2) And If I can go without appointment what about the 156, 157 and 158 forms?
    I have that forms with US address information. But now it should contains the Indian Residence address. How can I change that address in that forms?

---- Fill the forms again and include the address in India for delivery of Passport and other documents. The previous forms are only for reference

Subramanya

Comment

HI Subramanya

Thank you for your response but one my friend told me that no need to take an oppintment and 221 g itself saying that no need to take an appointment with in one year .

so do you know any one who had this case earlier ?

thanks
      Lakshmi

Comment

221g

HI Subramanya

Thank you for your response but one my friend told me that no need to take an oppintment and 221 g itself saying that no need to take an appointment with in one year .

so do you know any one who had this case earlier ?

---- All I can say is try your li=uck and if you succeed let us know through the forum and we'd be glad to learn that

---- However, based on observations and talking to people who hve undergone all these variations, I had responded.

As ever I am willing to learn if there is a contrary opinion and it proves to be right

Subramanya

Comment

When did you go

I am planning to go to Vancouver for H4 to H1, can you please elaborate your experience. I am doctor and going for stamping. I will really appreciate it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X