Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re: transfer and rejection of H1B visa

Hi All,
    I am working under H1B visa and my fiancee is working on L1visa. Around 6months back I applied for change of H1B from one employer to another.

Recently, BCIS responded to my petition, by asking for ceratin additional documentations which includes but not is exhaustive of my old employement leave letter, last employment salary pay-stubs; and most specifically last 8years' tax returns of my current employer (who has applied as the new petitioner for my H1B).

My questions are as follows:
    1. If my employer cant provide with all of 8years' tax returns (they are not sure if they have anything beyond 2000), how high is the chance of my transfer application being rejected by BCIS?
    2. If my application gets rejected, is there any time restriction for me to re-apply on H1B? In other words, how long will I have to wait before being sponsored by someone on a fresh H1B?
    3. On being rejected on this transfer application, can I change my status from H1B to L2 by getting married to my fiancee and can stay back here legally without going back to India?

I would highly appreciate is someone who has authentic knowledge re: my issue can get back to me with some answers.
    Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X