Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B VISA Stamping

Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding H1 VISA stamping. I already have a valid VISA until June 2007. And my H1 expires in June 2007. Applied for H1 extension premium processing. I may get my H1 extension in February. Can I go for VISA stamping in Mexico in March though I already have a valid VISA until June 2007. Please advice. Thank you in advance.

Thanks
    Usha

I Believe once you receive an extension your orignal visa will automatically expire and hence you should be able to get your new visa stamped in mexico in march

Comment

H1B Visa Stamping

NO, That is not True. What it means is that you have your Visa valid till June 2007. You can always leave the country and come back till that date. But if you travle in the last few months before ur visa expires ( assuming that ur visa with the extension got rejected) it is at the discretion of the immi. office at the port of entry whether to allow u or not to allow you into USA. The qtn normally raised is "U have only such short valid time to accomplish anything??".

So it is not advised to travle especially if you have only few months left in your visa expiration until it is an emergency.

Also remeber that you are not supposed to leave the country when ur extension is pending. That means you are forfieting your extension plea.

Comment

Hello palak,

Applied for Premium Processing for H1 B renewal. I may get my h1 extension before feb 10th. I already have a valida VISA of my first H1 until June 2007. Can I go to Mexico to get stamped on my new H1 though I already have valid VISA until June 2007.I amy not come back before June if I travel to india. So I want to get it stamped again on my new H1. is it possible. Please advice.

thanks
        Usha

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X