X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4

Hi Subramanya,

I am currently workin in US for a MNC.
    My wife is having a valid stamped H1 visa and she use to work in the same company as myself in INDIA. Now she has resigned from the company and I am planning to apply for H4 visa (dependent).

Now my question is if she get's her H4 visa will the H1 visa be cancelled or she can have both the visa ?

If she is granted both H1 (which she already has) & H4 visa is it possible for her to come to US on H4 and then transfer her H1 visa from here ?

Kindly let me know the asnwer ASAP as we need to take the decision very quickly.
    Also let me know if you need more information to answer this query.

Thanks in advance

H1 and H4 issues

I am currently workin in US for a MNC.
    My wife is having a valid stamped H1 visa and she use to work in the same company as myself in INDIA. Now she has resigned from the company and I am planning to apply for H4 visa (dependent).

Now my question is if she get's her H4 visa will the H1 visa be cancelled or she can have both the visa ?

---- H1 Visa may not be cancelled, but it may not be valid if she is issued a H4 Visa and affixed on the Passport

If she is granted both H1 (which she already has) & H4 visa is it possible for her to come to US on H4 and then transfer her H1 visa from here ?

---- She can come to US on H4 (if it is issued and affixed on the Passport). At the POE she will get a I-94 valid for H4 duration of stay and that is based on your H1

---- She may or may not be able to transfer to same H1 (already in her possession) and if approved the H1 may not be accompanied by I-94 for here to join employment and continue working for the employer

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X