Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-b extension beyond 6 years.

Dear Administrator,

I have a question related to H1-b extension after 6 years.

My History/Background -->
    - I came to USA on H-1b visa in Nov 2001.
    - my 6 years on H1-b will be completing in Dec 2007.
    - my current employer has started the process for my green card. The labour certificate was filed almost 1.5 yrs before but the Labour Certification is still under processing in backlog center.

Questions -->
    1 - I am planning to change my Employer in April 2007. Is it possible that I transfer my H1-b to the New Employer, file Labour Certification under PERM processing, (hopefully) get the LC approved in 2 months and then file I-140 (in premium processing) and get it approved within 1-2 months. And then at end of my 6th year (in December 2007), be eligible to keep my H1-b extending until I get the green card? Are there any risk factors in this?

2 - Is it possible, instead of Transferting current H1-b from co. A, I just file Green Card Processing (Labour certificate) from another company B, get LC and 140 approved and then at end of 6th year, get H1-b extension based on the GC status with Co. B? Any risk factors?

Regarding this situation, I referred this link on immihelp - https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-ext...-years-in-usa/
    Is this information still valid or is there any change in the rules?

Thanks,
    nuser.
    Thanks,
    nuser

Hello All,

Anybody has any information on this? Please share with me...

Thanks,
    nuser
    Thanks,
    nuser

Comment

Anybody had any similar situation??
      Thanks,
      nuser

Comment

Somebody... please share experience...
        Thanks,
        nuser

Comment

Please...
          Thanks,
          nuser

Comment

I guess you did not get answer. Even my situation is similiar. I am planning to take ful time position leaving current employer. I am on 7th year extension already and labor is under process.

I don't know whether it is good to change employer now. But we have to find similar foram threads in here.

Good luck and let me know if you find any.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X