Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Expiring - Need info abt Canada work permit

Hi

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with some info. I have a couple of questions.

I am done with 5 yrs of H1B, have applied in Oct 2006 for a possible extension till July 2007 (as I had come to US in July 2001 on H1B VISA).

Question 1:
    -----------
    I need to know if I can, at this point, apply for a work permit in Canada as my employer wants to file for new H1 after one years gap. If I can, can someone please tell me the options that I have?

Question 2:
    -----------
    I heard that vacation time spent in India does not count towards the actual H1. Is that true? If it is, then am I eligible to get that much time extended on my visa validity. I mean, will that give me my H1 extension till Jan 2008 (instead of July 2007)?

Greatly appreciate if anyone can help me out here. Thanks.

--Rasheed

canada work permit is not like H1. It is for only specfic purposes. u have to find some company, who can files ur work permit. It is very easy(if some company is ready to file, but most of the time no companies are ready to file WP for canada). this WP has no time limit, u can keep working until ur employer wants u...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X