Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 stamping in Mumbai.

Hi all,

I am going to take online appointment for H1B stamping in Mumbai.
    Me and my husband works and lives in NY USA.
    On the official site it is written that I need to drop few documents before interview to Mumbai consulate office.

1. Can anyone pls tell me what documents do I need to send? Can anyone ple tell me the list of docuemnts?
    2. And can I post (mail) document package from NY OR Do I have to ask anyone to drop it personally in consulate's office?
    3.My husband is also on 7th year extension. In interview if he is been asked about the wife's status, what should he answer? Is it required to have my name in his passport?

We are going to take separate appointment but still it will be on same day.
    4.What if they asked us about our spouse's current status, what should we answer?

I will appritiate all the help.
    Thank you.

1. Can anyone pls tell me what documents do I need to send? Can anyone ple tell me the list of docuemnts?

# DS 156(Original),DS 157(Original),Approved Petitioner-I 797(Photocopy),Passport identify Pages(photocopy),Questioner(Original),HDFC Recipt Yellow copy.

2. And can I post (mail) document package from NY OR Do I have to ask anyone to drop it personally in consulate's office?

# Anyone can submit this docs personally to VFS(west) on your behalf,you cant drop thou post..

3.My husband is also on 7th year extension. In interview if he is been asked about the wife's status, what should he answer? Is it required to have my name in his passport?

# It is not required to have spouse name in passport..Marriage certificate can be sufficent.

We are going to take separate appointment but still it will be on same day.
    4.What if they asked us about our spouse's current status, what should we answer?

# It is advice to take two applications in single slot..Good Luck

Srinni
    Srinni

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X