Surname issue - pease help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surname issue - pease help

I am trying to apply H4 visa, in my spouse's passport (Indian), Surname is empty and Givenname has full name along with my firstname. It looks like

Surname:
    GivenName: Simmi Sreejan.

will it cause any issue while applying visa or later.

appriciate quick response on this

Thanks
    Sreejan

Hi Sreejan,

Its a common error in most of the passports..As long you fallow same seqence in visa applications it will not be a problem..

Just write FNU at surname..

Srinni
    Srinni

Comment

Hi Srini ,

I also have a similar case in my passport..
      I hold a valid B1 visa and in the visa my name appears as FNU Name1 Name2 , though the Name 1 and Name 2 appears only in the given name section of the passport and not a part of the surname ..

Recently, I came to know of a similar case where a person with his name as FNU Name1 Name2 in the visa having problems getting his SSN Issued ..
      Though i know that VFS site clearly mentions applicants to use FNU in the surname section , if there is no surname mentioned in the passport .... And the visa issued henceforth as FNU Name1 Name2 ..

Does this create confusions later when u enter US ? Is it advicable to get the same changed in the passport ? I am soon gonna apply for my H4 ..
      Please advice ..

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by srinni
        Hi Sreejan,

Its a common error in most of the passports..As long you fallow same seqence in visa applications it will not be a problem..

Just write FNU at surname..

Srinni

Thanks Srini

Comment

I have applied for a Tourist Visa for my mother last day and the Interview date is on May 02.
          Her name in Passport is like this:

Surname: ....................(blank)
          Given Names: MARY VARGHESE

On the Online Application Form I entered,

Surname: MARY VARGHESE
          First and Middle Names: FNU i.e., First Name Unknown (On website they asked to use like that if I want to)

Is it correct or not?
          In my Interview Letter the name displays as FNU MARY VARGHESE

Whether it make any issues later when I apply an Immigrant Visa or GC for my mom?

If it is wrong please do I need to cancel the Appointment since I am not able to modify those fields?

Is there any problem If I split her name and write first name in first & middle name cloumn and last name in surname column in DS-156?

Can I make the Observation at Passport Office and show this change to take effect in my DS-156 at the time of Interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X