Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent : Subramanya pls help : H1 stamping , docs needed

Hi ,

I am planning to go for my H4 stamping by March .. My husband holds a H1 visa which he gt stamped a month or less ago ... He is planning to leave India in a couple of months , before which , I am planning to go for my H4 stamping .

I came across a few cases in this forum where H4 was rejected or a 221(g) was issued asking for payslips, tax return papers etc .. In my case too since I will be applying for my H4 even before my husband leaves to US and starts work there , I wil not be having any such documents ...

My queries are :-

1) Does applying for a H4 this way narrow the chances of getting the same stamped ?
    2) What all docs do I need to carry during my H4 interview considering the situation.
    3) My husbands employer is ready to do my H4 .. Does this help/adverse the chance of getting a visa

Please advice and I really appreciate your time ...

Thanks

H4 - H1 Issues

I am planning to go for my H4 stamping by March .. My husband holds a H1 visa which he gt stamped a month or less ago ... He is planning to leave India in a couple of months , before which , I am planning to go for my H4 stamping .

I came across a few cases in this forum where H4 was rejected or a 221(g) was issued asking for payslips, tax return papers etc .. In my case too since I will be applying for my H4 even before my husband leaves to US and starts work there , I wil not be having any such documents ...

My queries are :-

1) Does applying for a H4 this way narrow the chances of getting the same stamped ?

---- NO, it does not. I think this is your first time going for a H4 Visa interview

2) What all docs do I need to carry during my H4 interview considering the situation.

---- Browse the forums and other websites including the website of the US Consulate where you intend attending the Visa interview

3) My husbands employer is ready to do my H4 .. Does this help/adverse the chance of getting a visa

---- If you are applying for a H4 Visa from India the question of your husband's employer doing the H4 does not arise at all and as such there is no need. May be you need to clarify what does this mean

Subramanya

Comment

Hi Subramanya ,

Thanks a lot for the updates ..
      Apprecaite your time ...

Thanks

Comment

Hi Subramanya ,

I had a few more queries concerning the same .
        As i mentioned in my earlier post , I am planning to appear for my H4 by March first week Meanwhile I will also be filing for my H1 in the coming quota (Apr 2007) .
        I understand that once my H4 is approved and while H1 is still filed, I can travel to US using my H4 status .
        What I need to know is

1) What if I am still in India when my H1 approval comes through ?
        2) My husband is planning to go to US by June end and I am planning to fly along with him . Say my approval for H1 comes through by then , will I stil be able to fly with my H4 ?
        3) Do i need to get the stamping done for my H1 then ?
        4) I am planning to enter US with my h4 before my approval comes though so that I can get a COS done from H4 to H1 .

Please advice how to go about planning the same

Thanks in advance

Comment

H4 or H1

Hi-

Best bet in this case would be to get your H4. Accompany your husband on a H4 Visa. Once you are here in US and hoping that your H1B is approved the you can always start working for your employer from October. But next time you have to leave the country and come back then you have get your H1b visa stamped.
          Hope this answers your questions.

Good Luck!!!

Comment

Travelling on H4 when H1 is already approved

Hi palak ,

Thanks a lot for your update ..

Well still there is one thing tat concerns me .. What if my H1 approval comes through when I am stil in India with a valid H4 and hasnt yet travelled to US ? Is my H4 still valid ? Can i still enter US with my H4, do a change of status into H1 (since the approval is already through ) and get my H1 stamped the next time I leave US ?

Would appreciate if you can address this query ..

Thanks in advance .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X