Name Change Proof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Change Proof

This site is extremely helpful and informative , i have few queries and hope to get some answers.

1) Iam yet to go for my H4 stamping at Chennai in a couple of months , i have changed my name post marriage and my marriage certificate reflects both my changed name and maiden name , i enquired from the Counsulate if i have to also carry a name change proof document along with my others set of documents like original marriage certificate , my husbands valid visa , pay stubs , etc . They have said it is always better to have supporting documents , what i'd like to know is - is a court affidavit stating my name change from maiden to married name is required or do i have to apply for a name change in the gazette.

Pls advise
    adi

H4 Visa

This site is extremely helpful and informative , i have few queries and hope to get some answers.

1) Iam yet to go for my H4 stamping at Chennai in a couple of months , i have changed my name post marriage and my marriage certificate reflects both my changed name and maiden name , i enquired from the Counsulate if i have to also carry a name change proof document along with my others set of documents like original marriage certificate , my husbands valid visa , pay stubs , etc . They have said it is always better to have supporting documents , what i'd like to know is - is a court affidavit stating my name change from maiden to married name is required or do i have to apply for a name change in the gazette.

---- The supporting documents may be good to show that you are married and things like that. A spouse's name on the Passport shows that you legally and actually had a change from your maiden name to the newly married name.

---- This may not be a necessity as per any strict rules, but VO's can interpret to mean that you have not taken the time and effort to get the spouse's name included on the Passport

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- The supporting documents may be good to show that you are married and things like that. A spouse's name on the Passport shows that you legally and actually had a change from your maiden name to the newly married name.

---- This may not be a necessity as per any strict rules, but VO's can interpret to mean that you have not taken the time and effort to get the spouse's name included on the Passport

Subramanya
      Hi Subramanya,
      Thanx so much for your reply , i have my husbands name included in my passport which bears my married name , my name change is from a hindu to muslim name , so in this case even if we have a marriage certificate and the spouse name included in the passport , do they still ask for a name change proof , if so how should i go about it.

Thanx so much
      adi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X