Please Help: exempt and non-exempt H1B renewal stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help: exempt and non-exempt H1B renewal stamping

I currently work on H1B (exempt-non-profit organization - filing date: June25, 2006). In the first week of Feb 2007, I got it stamped from Mexico for the second term of my H1 which is valid till June 2009. I am planning to change my jobs (to shift from exempt to non-exempt). I have an H1B approval (filing date: July 20, 2006) with a start date in the second week of January, 2007 from a consultancy company. In my visa interview of my exempt H1B neither the consulate officer asked me about my other non exempt H1B approval nor I mentioned it though I had both I-797s on that date which are valid till June 2009.

My question is, as I got the visa for my exempt H1B while I had one of both exempt and regular H1B approvals in my hand at the time of visa interview, can I switch my job to the non-exempt H1b with the consultancy firm. Some one told me that when I got my exempt visa renewed, my non-exempt H1b approval would be invalidated automatically. Is that true?

Do I need to go for stamping again with that non-exempt H1 approval to start working for the consultancy company?

What are my chances of getting visa for the non-exempt H1b as I recently got a visa for my University H1B (exempt H1B)?

Or is filing for new H1B in the Oct 2007 quota my only chance?

Thanks for your time and help,

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X