Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gap between 2 jobs

Hi,
    My current H1B is from July 1, 2004 till June 30, 2007. I have no hopes of having it renewed from the current employer. I do have a job offer from another company but due to cap, I can only start working there on Oct 1, 2007. They are ready to file early, in April 2007 and with premium processing so I can have my approval notice in May. My question is, can I stay in the US from the end of my current job on June 30 and start of new job on Oct 1 i.e 90 days? If not, what are my options.
    Please do respond.

H1 transfer

My current H1B is from July 1, 2004 till June 30, 2007. I have no hopes of having it renewed from the current employer. I do have a job offer from another company but due to cap, I can only start working there on Oct 1, 2007. They are ready to file early, in April 2007 and with premium processing so I can have my approval notice in May. My question is, can I stay in the US from the end of my current job on June 30 and start of new job on Oct 1 i.e 90 days? If not, what are my options.
    Please do respond

---- A transfer of H1 can be applied anytime during the year and it does not have to be in April. The H1 transfer/extension do not come under cap. Thus the question fo staying from June to October does not arise at all

Subramanya

Comment

gap between 2 jobs

Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it.
      The problem is my current visa is from a university that is cap exempt and my new employer falls under cap.

Comment

help

Hi shahbaz:

I have a similar problem as your.

Currently I am working with a TN Visa, this VISA expires the next June (2007), and I have an offer job of a different employer and they want to be my sponsor to get a H1B, but they are suggesting to go back my country (Mexico) in June, and then back to the US in Octuber, this date is when I will be able to work again because is the date when I will get the H1B, I don't want to stop working, do you know if is posible to renew my TN Visa with my actual employer (June/2007) and the next april (2007) start the process to obtain the H1B. Or I dont know if is better to change the sponsor of my TN with the new employer as soon as posible, and then in april (2007) start also the H1B process.

Can you help me? please email me to [email protected] if is posible.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X