Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa help needed - Urgent

Hi,

I have got a lots of support from this site and i am very thankful for that.
    I have some more issues, for which only this site members can help me.

I came here thru Company A on Feb 06. I transferred to Company B by Oct 06. I have a visa stamping for Company A till Sep 07.

I am going to India by 13 June 07 to get married. I am planning to send my wife for H4 stamping on 20 June 07 to chennai consulate.

My questions are

1. My wife will be carrying my passport copies in which I will have Company A's stamping + Company A's papers (H1 + W2 + paystubs) + Company B's papers (H1 + W2 + paystubs). Now will the V.O. ask her about why didnt I get new stamping for Company B (because I am going to send her two days after marriage)?

2. Will Company A's stamping on my passport will cause any problem for her Company B's H4 stamping?

3. If they ask her about why didnt I get Company B's new stamping, what should she say?

4. Does this situation makes my visa re-stamping compulsary?

Seniors please guide me on this.
    Thanks in advance.

I dont think that you can get H4 stamping under company A as you are no longer employed there.
    Also, my understanding is that you need to have stamping of company B before returning to USA.

Comment

Seniors please correct me..

No,

I got information from some other forum that there are people like my case who got H4 stamping without H1 re-stamping.

I wish there shouldn't be any problem with my wife's H4 stamping.

Seniors please correct me if I am wrong.
      Thanks.

Comment

H4 Visa stamp

I have got a lots of support from this site and i am very thankful for that.
        I have some more issues, for which only this site members can help me.

I came here thru Company A on Feb 06. I transferred to Company B by Oct 06. I have a visa stamping for Company A till Sep 07.

I am going to India by 13 June 07 to get married. I am planning to send my wife for H4 stamping on 20 June 07 to chennai consulate.

My questions are

1. My wife will be carrying my passport copies in which I will have Company A's stamping + Company A's papers (H1 + W2 + paystubs) + Company B's papers (H1 + W2 + paystubs). Now will the V.O. ask her about why didnt I get new stamping for Company B (because I am going to send her two days after marriage)?

---- If they do ask, reply by saying that since the old Visa is valid and it is too early to apply for a renewal of that Visa

2. Will Company A's stamping on my passport will cause any problem for her Company B's H4 stamping?

---- No, it does not

3. If they ask her about why didnt I get Company B's new stamping, what should she say?

---- Refer to response to Q1 and it depends on the validity of your H1B Visa
        from company B

4. Does this situation makes my visa re-stamping compulsary?

---- No, it does not.

---- However, if you do need to cofirm the above information, you may consult an attorney to get a clear picture (hopefully)

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot Subramanya.

I have one more small question.
          I forgot to mention that I will be there in chennai, when my wife goes for her stamping. Wont the V.O. ask why didnt I come along with her because my visa will be expiring in another 3.5 months? If they ask so what should she say to the V.O.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ashyam24
            Thanks a lot Subramanya.

I have one more small question.
            I forgot to mention that I will be there in chennai, when my wife goes for her stamping. Wont the V.O. ask why didnt I come along with her because my visa will be expiring in another 3.5 months? If they ask so what should she say to the V.O.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

My wife recently got visa from Chennai with out any problem. Mine is the same case I recently transferred to new employer and my first employer visa is going to expire on coming september.

If you have your all docs ready then there will not be any problems. VO took most of the time examining the docs

Thanks
            Sree

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X