Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name change for a Spouse in US

Hi

I am currently in US for the past 6 months on a H1 and my wife is on H4.
    I would like to change my wife’s maiden name to My last name.
    Can anyone please tell me what are the repercussions of this; I mean does my wife need to go back to India to get a NEW visa stamped. Or does it happen to be just an addition in the passport as name change. Does this name change need to reflect in all the places, like her Insurance and such; if anyone has gone through this procedure please share your thoughts and experience with me.

Thanks!

Name Change Spouse

I have been surfing for about 2 hours on the immihelp and couldn't find the answers. So if any of you have gone through this pls let me know...

Comment

Passport issues

I am currently in US for the past 6 months on a H1 and my wife is on H4.
      I would like to change my wife’s maiden name to My last name.
      Can anyone please tell me what are the repercussions of this; I mean does my wife need to go back to India to get a NEW visa stamped. Or does it happen to be just an addition in the passport as name change. Does this name change need to reflect in all the places, like her Insurance and such; if anyone has gone through this procedure please share your thoughts and experience with me.

---- If you are an Indian citizen, searh on the internet for the nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate, download the appropriate application for a name change and (Most of the time it is the same application form), follow instructions and send them by mail or go personally

---- Sometimes, it is an addition in the Passport and at other times a new Passport is issued

---- Your wife need not go to India for this exercise. Once you get the name changed, then talk to the insurance companies, driver licence bureaus for inclusion of the new name

Subramanya

Comment

name on Passport & Visa dont match

Subramanya,

Thanks for your reply.

In addition I have another question,
        Lets say my wife has her name changed in the passport, now her visa and her passport dont match since the visa still has her maiden name. Is this a concern to be bothered about?

Pls let me know. Thanks in anticipation.

Comment

Passport and Visa

In addition I have another question,
          Lets say my wife has her name changed in the passport, now her visa and her passport dont match since the visa still has her maiden name. Is this a concern to be bothered about?

Pls let me know. Thanks in anticipation.

---- Carry both the Passports when travelling outside the US

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X