Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Please

Hi,
    I have a M.Sc in Computer Science and I passed in 2003. However, I chose to work in a bank due to personal interest. I have 2 years of working experience with a bank.
    I am married now and have moved to US on H4 in Feb 2006. Would like to pursue my career, as banking is not an option to work on right now as it would be next to impossible to find a sponsor, I am willing to takeup IT for a career.
    Would I be able to clear the Visa interview with 2 years of banking experience, or would I be able to bag a H1 if I mention zero experience in the IT field.
    Requesting for an advice in this, your suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Sri.

H1 issues

I have a M.Sc in Computer Science and I passed in 2003. However, I chose to work in a bank due to personal interest. I have 2 years of working experience with a bank.
    I am married now and have moved to US on H4 in Feb 2006. Would like to pursue my career, as banking is not an option to work on right now as it would be next to impossible to find a sponsor, I am willing to takeup IT for a career.
    Would I be able to clear the Visa interview with 2 years of banking experience, or would I be able to bag a H1 if I mention zero experience in the IT field.
    Requesting for an advice in this, your suggestion would be highly appreciated.

---- You should speak to the employer who will be willing to sponsor you for a H1 and they should be able to tell you all the details (and in fact they should do it and inform you about the entire process and its consequences)

---- Your willingness or not is what you speak and negotiate with an employer

Subramanya

Comment

Advice Please

Sir,
      Thank you for the reply.
      Incase my H1 is rejected, would I be risking my H4 too. Am I wasting my time, energy and money with no experience.

Regards,
      Sri.

Comment

I know of some H4s who are B.A, M.A. with 0 years IT experience who have applied for H1 visa and got it. So compared to them, you are in a much better position. Do not mention your banking experience. create 2-3 experience letters. H1b is not a big deal, it does not guarantee a paycheck or even a job... so even if it gets rejected, your H4 will always be there. Even if that doesnt go through, tear up your visa and take up the banking job again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X